Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Immersion Project

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Link broken, you need to right click the link and copy it at the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

seen this on stumble a few days ago. What's weird is the girl that has no expression at all, I'd love to know what game she was playing, it was probably Manhunt, lol :D

I've actually started to get a crick in my neck from playing mirrors edge. I've noticed that whenever Faith dies and her head drops to the ground that my head actually drops to the left or right also, to keep the horizon perspective correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, I do the same thing. And I also do it in racing games, when I corner I lean in the direction and turn the joypad as if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Panda wrote: »
    Take a look, its part funny part social commentary.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2008/11/22/sm_immersion.xml

oops,
    fixed.

Nothing like good unbiased reporting
    capturing that disconcerting intensity of expression that comes as the children tear imaginary enemies apart with imaginary machine guns.
    Or indeed, as they attempt to build bigger towers of goo. Or work out how to hit that last Peggle block. But that wouldn't fit the stereotype so well
    There is one expression - an agonised open-mouthed gape, with lips pulled in to cover the teeth - that is seen on several children's faces playing the first-person shooter Call of Duty. It seems, oddly, to be unique to that game.
    Huh? Aside form the fact that even pulling that face is pretty uncomfortable, it's a it daft saying it's unique to a particular game, when there's presumable a fairly limited list of games being tested.

[edit]
    Sorry, I've just read the article properly, it's only violent games being tested.
    Including ... GTA 4. Um, did I miss something, or has this game not got an adults rating? In which case, why is this guy testing kids with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

MOH wrote: »
    Sorry, I've just read the article properly, it's only violent games being tested.
    Including ... GTA 4. Um, did I miss something, or has this game not got an adults rating? In which case, why is this guy testing kids with it?

This.

Oh I like this one.
    so capturing that disconcerting intensity of expression that comes as the children tear imaginary enemies apart with imaginary machine guns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

He wouldnt get attention if he didnt base it on kids, playing games that are ****ing 18's. & this guy claims to be a gamer himself? Damn theres so much ignorance from people who don't understand/play games. These people have no right to comment on something they don't understand.

Its like getting someone from the 1800's to judge and rate modern horror movies. They'd think its the work of the devil or something...

The way the cut out comments of the kids talking about game play "he's dead" etc It's misinformation imo.
    L31mr0d wrote: »
    seen this on stumble a few days ago. What's weird is the girl that has no expression at all, I'd love to know what game she was playing, it was probably Manhunt, lol :D

Sounds like GTA4, like shes driving a car around.

Advertisement