Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childers Road Retail Park at it again !

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Why not just not go there altogether? every shop in that retail park has another store or something similar in town or the crescent, dunnes, heatons, smyths, next, homebase are all easily gotten to in other places, the clothes shops are scattered around town or at least their equivalents are, maplin ok the next closest thing is pc world which is completely overpriced, I never go anywhere near the childers road, the crescent or town at weekends during the christmas run up its insanity, 9am and 11pm are the best times to go anywhere for things, was in tescos in Coonagh last night at 10.30 and there was hardly anyone there, dont see the point in scrambling into these places when you can stroll around at your leisure at off peak hours

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

We are both still up. No lives eh? Im just in from collecting herself from her booze filled Christmas party so at least I have an excuse.

I will do my Christmas shopping in Nenagh on account of living in Newport. I consider Next and Heatons quite good because they are bigger than their sister stores in the Crescent.

I consider Argos much better because its an Argos extra.

Other than that, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Bumping this as I had the misfortune to go to Childers Rd SC on Tuesday afternoon. I needed to get something from Atlantic Homecare so thought the best time to go would be early afternoon.

What a disaster - total chaos. Firstly we had to go right to the far end of the car parking area (by Next) and then sit behind those who were trying to enter the lane to exit the car park. Got our shopping in Atlantic Homecare and then sat for 30 mins to get out on the main road again. There were 3 attendants there who seemed utterly clueless. Why can they not implement a proper traffic management plan? It will be a long time before I go back there again :mad:

The shops in there must be losing business as others I have spoken to have said they all avoid going there due to frustration at the stupid system there.

Old thread, I know. ;)

Did you see what they are doing in the entry/exit lanes?

Now when you come in you used to be able to drive towards Dunnes stores and turn right in the right hand turn lane. They made this an exit lane except NOBODY knows(except me) so everybody just backs up the left lane. By the time the guys tell them they are in the wrong lane they are so packed together they cannot move.

I wish they would just re-open the DAMN castletroy view entrance. Why is it STILL closed?

Also my trick is. Head into the car park and turn right towards Atlantic homecare and park over by KFC and there is a way around all the traffic to get right to the front of the queue. You must be going towards the Tipperary roundabout for this to be used otherwise you will cause chaos.

Although from what I read in the post above, are you saying that you are no forced to turn towards Next and all those places as soon as you enter. Can you not drive down the entrance driveway to Dunnes and turn right?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

Berty wrote: »
    Old thread, I know. ;)

Did you see what they are doing in the entry/exit lanes?

Now when you come in you used to be able to drive towards Dunnes stores and turn right in the right hand turn lane. They made this an exit lane except NOBODY knows(except me) so everybody just backs up the left lane. By the time the guys tell them they are in the wrong lane they are so packed together they cannot move.

I wish they would just re-open the DAMN castletroy view entrance. Why is it STILL closed?

Also my trick is. Head into the car park and turn right towards Atlantic homecare and park over by KFC and there is a way around all the traffic to get right to the front of the queue. You must be going towards the Tipperary roundabout for this to be used otherwise you will cause chaos.

Although from what I read in the post above, are you saying that you are no forced to turn towards Next and all those places as soon as you enter. Can you not drive down the entrance driveway to Dunnes and turn right?

i work out there and its absolutely shocking!
    there was two lanes to enter the actual retail park, a left and a right. left to go towards lifestyle, maplin, next etc... right to go to heatons, smyths etc.
    now there is only one lane to enter as one was blocked for some reason?!?! which is causing absolute chaos at the best of times!

another problem out there is that some lazy feckers tend not to park in parking space and just abandon their cars anywhere i.e: half in the white space next to the closest space next to the road and half on the road.

also - there is a one way system in place out there, people dont follow the arrows and that seriously wrecks my head, especially while looking for parking:mad:
    man i hate that place....

i think the closed the entrance from castletroy view because some idiots were trying to use it as an exit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Im living in the area and i wont take my car there anytime after 12 any day of the week!
    Its a disatour lately especialy with traffic backing up from the parkway roundabout giving very little oppurtunity to exit the area!

Park outside the GAA or over in Norwood.

We normally shop in Dunnes and mostly the parkway but the way things are we are going to drive to Tesco in Nenagh.(Live in Newport).

We did our shopping in Smyths 2 weeks ago at 9PM ish. It was a joy. There was hardly anybody there and loads of staff. I had a full trolley and so did another guy who smiled at me and says "imagine the suckers here in December".

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

Berty wrote: »
    Park outside the GAA or over in Norwood.

We normally shop in Dunnes and mostly the parkway but the way things are we are going to drive to Tesco in Nenagh.(Live in Newport).

We did our shopping in Smyths 2 weeks ago at 9PM ish. It was a joy. There was hardly anybody there and loads of staff. I had a full trolley and so did another guy who smiled at me and says "imagine the suckers here in December".

:D

smyths stays open until 11 now i think! madness!!
    i think that place would be LL Cool J is they just put some bloody signposts around telling people whats going on!
    most weekends it's full of bandits anyway, it's like the hills have eyes sometimes in work

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

there be zombies in this thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement