Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No. 14 bus

Options
  • 05-12-2008 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

I'm starting this thread because I'm sick of the no.14 bus. Last night coming home from work i was waiting 45 minutes for the bus. Every night recently it's been about a 30 minute wait but 45 minutes is over-doing it by any standards. It was raining and freezing. I dont think it's too much to ask for a bus every 15-20 minutes. I contacted bus eireann before and they said they would moniter the service. Which i think we all know is rubbish they fob you off with. I contacted them again today.
    So i was thinking maybe if any of the rest of you have had similar experiences, you could contact them too. If we all do it maybe it will get through to them. (power of the people!)
    You can send a complaint through their website
    http://www.buseireann.ie/bubble.php?id=88
    or phone or go in to the bus station and show them your frost-bite!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Been like that for years and years. And then it got even worse when it went in as far as the Regional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I had the dubious pleasure of relying on the no.14 for a while when i lived on its route. Same complaints as the OP, huge gaps in timetable, ghost buses, late buses etc..

But its the same across all the city bus services, Corks public transport system is woefully inadequate.

Get a car, seriously!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I had the dubious pleasure of relying on the no.14 for a while when i lived on its route. Same complaints as the OP, huge gaps in timetable, ghost buses, late buses etc..

But its the same across all the city bus services, Corks public transport system is woefully inadequate.

Get a car, seriously!.

You don't see a contradiction here ?
    The bus is late because theres TOO MANY CARS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

craichoe wrote: »
    You don't see a contradiction here ?
    The bus is late because theres TOO MANY CARS.

The Bus is late because the bus drivers don't keep to schedule or are too busy on the phone and the unions keep it that way. Time to break the transport unions.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I've been taking the no.14 twice a day for the past 18months. It can only be described as a joke...
    Mornings aren't too bad but in the evening it can be a lottery. I haven't looked at a timetable in months, no point as they never stick to it.
    I would fill out that form but there's just no point. They never listen and it never changes.
    Yes the do. I complained this morning. I just missed a bus at 5.30 but another one came in ten minutes and the next one was on its way. Result! for one day anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Buses seem worse this week than ever before, ended up walking from Mahon Point to town and no bus passed in that time! I just turn up at the bus stop and hope one shows. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

phi3 wrote: »
    I'm starting this thread because I'm sick of the no.14 bus. Last night coming home from work i was waiting 45 minutes for the bus. Every night recently it's been about a 30 minute wait but 45 minutes is over-doing it by any standards. It was raining and freezing. I dont think it's too much to ask for a bus every 15-20 minutes. I contacted bus eireann before and they said they would moniter the service. Which i think we all know is rubbish they fob you off with. I contacted them again today.
    So i was thinking maybe if any of the rest of you have had similar experiences, you could contact them too. If we all do it maybe it will get through to them. (power of the people!)
    You can send a complaint through their website
    http://www.buseireann.ie/bubble.php?id=88
    or phone or go in to the bus station and show them your frost-bite!
    The number 8 is a terror for being late,especially in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The number 8 is meant to be one of the best routes (10 min intervals at peak times) but I think it's bollocks. Supposedly 64 buses on a weekday. I'd be surprised if it was 50 that came though.

Could be worse though. Could be relying on the 3 or 19 again..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Kold wrote: »
    The number 8 is meant to be one of the best routes (10 min intervals at peak times) but I think it's bollocks. Supposedly 64 buses on a weekday. I'd be surprised if it was 50 that came though.

The 19 is only bad really because it runs about 2 busses at a time, meaning a bus an hour!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The 8 is good when you live at the first stop in Curraheen, they're always bang on time from there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

ellscurr wrote: »
    The 8 is good when you live at the first stop in Curraheen, they're always bang on time from there :D

That's where I live. I'm directly opposite the last busstop. I give myself 5 mins to walk down there and so often they've left early/simply havent shown.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

was waiting for the number 8 the other nite and it never came so I got a lift home in the end,buses out in ballincollig are ridculous,there hardly ever on time.Its seems to be a common problem almost everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

That's where I live. I'm directly opposite the last busstop. I give myself 5 mins to walk down there and so often they've left early/simply havent shown.

lolz that's where I live when I'm at home too! Never had the same problem as you though...

Advertisement