Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do some people get by on 3 - 4 hours sleep a night ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

odinreln wrote: »
    if you sleep the extra half hour, youll probably wake up in the 'URGH' mode, of oh i want more sleep, im tired, i need an extra five minutes.
    Gods yes; happens to me all the time.

Waking up fresh as a daisy but, ah sure, it's only whatever-time-it-is... another 30 minutes or so and I'll get up then. 30 minutes or so later and I'm not moving for love nor money.

I think if you can work your routine around your sleeping requirements (rather than your sleep around your working routine), you'll be onto a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

darling.x wrote: »
    Hi pocketdooz. I found out about that alarm watch over in the after hours forum.

They are available and theres more info about them on sleeptracker.com

You wear the watch on your wrist going to bed. It monitors your body when you're sleeping and it wakes you up when you're at the end of your sleep cycle.

I beg of you op, would you find out from that guy you know if it works and whether or not he finds it useful. I'm considering on getting one. I have major difficulty getting up in the mornings.

What is the point in them? The alarm goes off when you are going to be waking anyway? Yid never show up for work, ffs if I didnt have to go to work I would easily sleep 10- 12 hours per day.

My phone has this function, seems extremely pointless. Like alot of new inventions tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 sparewheel

i dont know how people can function on less than 8 hours sleep... if im to be in any sort of good humour i need at least 10 hours sleep
    and id say that watch is useless... think about it... you have to get up at certain times anyway regardless of whether your at the end of your sleep cycle or not... you cant use "i wasnt finished my sleep cycle" as an excuse for being late for work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

If you sleep short nights over and over again you reach REM much quicker. Some say you can survive on 20 min sleeps every 4 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭monkeytronics

I usually sleep anywhere between 2 and half hrs and 5 hours a night.

Monday to Friday my alarm goes off at 6.45am and most nights I am still awake at 3am. recently I've had about 9 nights were I am still awake at 4am.

I hate sleeping (until I am actually asleep, if you get it). I just feel that i am wasting my life when I am asleep - not that I do much at 2 or 3 in the morning anyway.

I still function perfectly (mostly). Some mornings I need a can of red bull or burn to kick start my day. but so be it...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Do people that don't normally sleep for that long get a better nights(or longer) sleep after sex

• Registered Users Posts: 38 odinreln

sparewheel wrote: »
    and id say that watch is useless... think about it... you have to get up at certain times anyway regardless of whether your at the end of your sleep cycle or not... you cant use "i wasnt finished my sleep cycle" as an excuse for being late for work

you misunderstand the functioning of the watch. you set the alarm on your watch for the latest time you can get up, to get your morning routine in. say thats 7:30am. then you set a buffer time, anywhere from 20minutes to 1hour and a half. the watch then wakes you, at your best possible sleep cycle, within the buffer time, but never later than your usual or latest wake time. theres no late for work about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 icanchange49

pocketdooz wrote: »
    Pretty much what the title asks - how do some people get by on only 3/4/5 hours per night. My boss only sleeps about 4 hours per night (He's in his 30's)

The famous investor Michael Milken used to get by on 3-4 hours max. per night and function perfectly. This is also true of many people I have heard about over the past while whom, I can't remember off-hand.

Is this a natural thing - that some people need less sleep than others. Sometimes when I sleep for 6 hours I feel better and more rested the next day than when I sleep for 8 hours the night before. Why is this ?

A guy I know has recently bought that watch that measures what cycle of sleep you are in and wakes you when you are in a light sleep as opposed to in a heavy sleep. Does anyone know anything about this ?

Thanks for all the help !

its like the one per cent who never masturbate - they are liars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I never sleep longer than 5 hours during the week, a bit longer at the weekend.

How people can spend 10 hours of every day asleep is beyond me, that equates to being asleep for over 40% of your life!

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

ok guys I dont know if Im right but its what Ive been told,your body has a "clock" which needs a certain amount of sleep, if you get less than that your going to be tired but also if you get more than that its like entering a second cycle so you need to complete that cycle to feel as fresh as a daisy! ie if a person needs8 hours sleep and gets 9 or 10 theyll wake up feeling like they need to sleep and they wonder why.. apperently that is the reason!

• Advertisement
Advertisement