Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resident Evil 5 Demo

• 05-12-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Anyone downloading this from the Japan store?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I think a lot of Japanese accounts will be made today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

When are we getting this in Europe (officially)? 2011 or something? :eek:

March 13th 2009

ShaneU wrote: »
    March 13th 2009

Cool. Better than 2011 I guess :), but still a 3 month difference almost.. yikes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

awww you need to be a gold member to download the demo :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Graphically impressive. Sound is decent. Controls....... feel a little clunky.

When Chris swipes his knife (looks like something from Busse Combat) the camera zooms in on his back so you can't see the empty sheath, and then zooms back out again as soon as you let go.. and It's slightly irritating.

Fol20 wrote: »
    awww you need to be a gold member to download the demo :(

Create a new account... first month is free. I just downloaded it without any problem after creating a new account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

xanthor wrote: »
    I just downloaded it without any problem after creating a new account.

And.....

We can't all play it so give us details!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

xanthor wrote: »

Create a new account... first month is free. I just downloaded it without any problem after creating a new account.

its only free because new xbox automatically add your free one month trial to whatever account you create..

ps does anyone know of a place to get free 48 hour trials or is willing to give me one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    And.....

We can't all play it so give us details!

Well, the following may not tell you what you want to know.

Single play and Co-op play ( offline and offline.)

Single play is divided into two levels:

Shanty Town, which was demoed by Capcom staff a while, back, ends with the masked chainsaw guy bursting through the gates.

Public assembly starts with the cutscene that has the guy holding a megaphone, and a public beheading. He then spots Chris and Sheva hiding in a building and you basically have to shoot your way out through a gated alleyway.

After a few minutes the executioner bursts through the gates and swings at you with his axe, meanwhile the rest of villages will continue to pick off your health. Sheva will revive you a small amount,....... but i need practice it seems.

Co-op takes a moment to connect, but doesn't seem to have any lag problems. If you host, you play as Chris, if you join you play as Sheva.

You should be able to download this from the usual dodgy sites and burn it to a CD and play it on an unmodded machine. But I haven't tried it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    You should be able to download this from the usual dodgy sites and burn it to a CD and play it on an unmodded machine. But I haven't tried it.

Whats all this about ive never heard of being able to do this, do i just burn a data disk or is there some special way of doing it ?

You just burn it to a cd-r.

Or you can just pop it on a USB key once you keep the folder structure.

Fol20 wrote: »
    ps does anyone know of a place to get free 48 hour trials or is willing to give me one

I don't think those 48-hour codes work for downloading demos and DLC - they only allow online play. I could be wrong though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Tried the new profile, set it to Japan lark, but still said it wasn't available in current location - any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

yeah i have the same problem, i set up my location for japan but it says its not available for my location. how do i (or others with this problem) download it?

Go Back 2 posts son.

ok yeah il try it that way, 2 qustions though, will i need 5 different disks for the 5 parts, and can you play them from a cd-r straight on the xbox

nope Download all the .RARs extract them.

Then burn the folder "content" as the root on the disc.

Then put the disc in the 360.

Go to games library and it should be there, the play :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

As someone mentioned already, controlls are rather clunky. It seems more awkward to play then REsi 4 did on the GC imo.

Here is a good site to tell you how to do it.

http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_5284/Resident_Evil_5_Demo_is_Now_on_Japanese_Xbox_LIVE

• Advertisement

im trying that but for some reason when i go to download it keeps coming up application not found when i click on find. do i have to click save instead

There in RAR format, its like a .ZIP.

You never encountered winRAR befor?

no cant say i have....... not really sure what to do now because this just seems like alot of hassle

There just in an archive simalar to a zipped file.

You download a program called winrar

You then right click on the file and extract. easy

ok il give it a try now.....

You can't shoot while moving, very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

When I put the CD in it just says mixed media disc? It's not under game library either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Elessar wrote: »
    When I put the CD in it just says mixed media disc? It's not under game library either?

Game Library -> Recently Played.

It should be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'm might try this later but, I fear being banned again!

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    You can't shoot while moving, very strange.

Have you played a Resident Evil before?

Advertisement