Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resident Evil 5 Demo

2»

Comments

creggy wrote: »
    I'm might try this later but, I fear being banned again!

Your allowed to do this, sure any 360 can do it.

Not only flashed 360s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

cisk wrote: »
    Your allowed to do this, sure any 360 can do it.

Not only flashed 360s.

I know, I remember the GH3 demo being like this as well.

Reading a couple of forums about it, seems ok. I'm gonna take the eternet cable just to be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Game Library -> Recently Played.

It should be there.

That doesn't work for me either - "Mixed Media Disc" which I can't access at all and nothing happens. Nothing at all added to the Game Library either :(...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

xanthor wrote: »
    Well, the following may not tell you what you want to know.

Single play and Co-op play ( offline and offline.)

Single play is divided into two levels:

Shanty Town, which was demoed by Capcom staff a while, back, ends with the masked chainsaw guy bursting through the gates.

Public assembly starts with the cutscene that has the guy holding a megaphone, and a public beheading. He then spots Chris and Sheva hiding in a building and you basically have to shoot your way out through a gated alleyway.

After a few minutes the executioner bursts through the gates and swings at you with his axe, meanwhile the rest of villages will continue to pick off your health. Sheva will revive you a small amount,....... but i need practice it seems.

Co-op takes a moment to connect, but doesn't seem to have any lag problems. If you host, you play as Chris, if you join you play as Sheva.

I created an account last week and it is gold but it says that it cant be downloaded from my location

Turns out my problem was that Toast was being stupid and eliminated the "Content" parent folder, making it the root of the disc - which makes it not work. If you burn it correctly, so that "Content" is the top level folder, it works fine. Thanks for the files, Cisk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭blobert

Got this up and running with no problems.

The graphics seem a bit wonky during the game, lots of black lines appearing, jumping around etc.

Not happening with other games so I don't think it is a problem with my settings.

Is it like this for everyone else?

Game seems good, I keep getting killed though:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

blobert wrote: »
    Got this up and running with no problems.

The graphics seem a bit wonky during the game, lots of black lines appearing, jumping around etc.

Not happening with other games so I don't think it is a problem with my settings.

Is it like this for everyone else?

Game seems good, I keep getting killed though:)

Nothing like that happened in game. When booting up it happened on the opening movie.

Dunno why people are having problems. All you do is burn the folder to a CD then insert it in your Xbox, go to Game Library, Recently Played and it should be there.

cisk wrote: »

part 3 wont download for me:(

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Dunno why people are having problems.

I think it has to do with the application burning the disc - like Toast on Mac OS X, assumed the top "Content" folder was the root of the disc, so it named my disc "Content" and the first folder was the "0000000" one... This didn't work. Changing the settings to explicitly keep the content folder as the top level in root worked fine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

creggy wrote: »
    I'm gonna take the eternet cable just to be safe.
    Wouldn't stop it reporting. Every game you play on it is logged and sent to MS whenever you go online.

They're not going to ban anyone over this anyway.

• Advertisement

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    part 3 wont download for me:(

Just tried and no problems.

When I try to play it i just get a black screen. Burnt with nero on a dvd. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I don't have a cd handy, any ideas if I can get this to work from usb key??

I don't have a cd handy, any ideas if I can get this to work from usb key??

Defo does not work from a USB key.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭iMac Hunt

I can't download part 1 :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ive the 5 of these on the d/l at the mo, no probs with me!

Just wondering will this work in a non-chipped xbox?

:confused:

Im giving it a go out of boredom anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Fieldog wrote: »
    Ive the 5 of these on the d/l at the mo, no probs with me!

Just wondering will this work in a non-chipped xbox?

:confused:

Im giving it a go out of boredom anyway....

It will work on any Xbox 360, there's nothing illegal, it's a free promotional demo.

It's easier to find it on a torrent site and get the whole file at once, less chance of corruption. Just make sure you burn the CD or DVD with the same file structure as the download (including the 'Content' folder)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Deadly!

Got it going,

Kudos gents, surprised Microsoft havent clamped down on this workaround!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Why would they? It's in their interests for demos to be freely available. If it worked with full retail games, that's an issue, but a lot of people wait to play a demo before getting a new game. This game is an exception and people want it to actually get a taste of the game, and I doubt anyone who gets this demo is getting it to see if they'll like it, as this game is going to be massive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Best bet on this is to find a full file to download rather than the 5 sections and burn with nero not windows and it works fine.

I like the game but as with all resident evils i run out of ammo just as the big guy shows up :D

The game looks good i get a little annoyed with it being so close to the charator as he takes up half the screen and its hard to see guys attacking from sides or above/ behind etc. Once i get settled into it i think ill enjoy it think ill love the online co-op.

But why oh why do the "zombie/enemy" fellas turn to bubbles when you kill them ? Is there something in the story about that that i have missed ?

I would love if you could leave zombie bodies all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

I can't bloody play it. I've created an account as the guide says and set my locale as Japan etc. I have downloaded the demo but it says my region isn't right when I try to play it :/ Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I can't bloody play it. I've created an account as the guide says and set my locale as Japan etc. I have downloaded the demo but it says my region isn't right when I try to play it :/ Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

download the web version rather than getting it via live i suppose

anyone know where to get this now?

edit: neber mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Can't play this demo online anymore. You have to be signed out to play it. An error comes up when you try to play it. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

kind of related:
    seeing as you can burn the demo of RE5 on to a CDR and play it on Xbox from a Torrent file, can this be done with Live Arcade games? are they available on Torrents?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

beardo81 wrote: »
    kind of related:
    seeing as you can burn the demo of RE5 on to a CDR and play it on Xbox from a Torrent file, can this be done with Live Arcade games? are they available on Torrents?

NO, Not yet, As XBL games are encrypted, demos are not

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

yoyo wrote: »
    NO, Not yet, As XBL games are encrypted, demos are not

Nick

Cheers Nick it was worth a try, gotta chance ur arm and all that!! ;):D

MS sly dogs

When the Resident Evil 5 demo hit in Japan on December 5th last week, enterprising gamers quickly realized that the demo could be downloaded in US and Europe simply by signing on to Xbox Live with a Japanese gamertag. The demo not only ran perfectly on US and European systems, it was also fully localized meaning that US players saw English text, heard English voices and saw the Resident Evil 5 logo rather than the Biohazard 5 logo. Resident Evil is known as Biohazard in Japan. About a day after the demo's release, Xbox Live started doing an IP check before the download could be initiated, preventing anyone outside Japan from downloading a new copy of the demo, even if they used a Japanese gamertag. The demo could still be played however, with all features available, including online co-op play. Because of its small size (less than 480MB) the demo was also easy to copy from system to system.
    Then, sometime in the last 24 hours, players with the demo noticed two things. The first was annoying, but understandable. Non-Japanese Gamertags were immediately logged out of Xbox Live when booting up the demo. This prevented anyone outside Japan from playing online. The second issue however has started to raise concern.
    After logging in to Xbox Live with a non-Japanese Gamertag and attempting to start the Resident Evil 5 demo, Xbox Live actively corrupts the demo code rendering it completely unplayable – even in offline mode. This raises serious questions of DRM issues and official Microsoft policy, especially if Microsoft can disable any piece of software on your Xbox 360 at any time without any warning or recourse.

Worthplaying.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Interesting, surprised they haven't clamped down on things like this before. Luckily, I finished the demo the day it came out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement