Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

juice master?

• 05-12-2008 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭

What do you guys think of this guy?

http://www.juicemaster.com/

I've read a few of his books and found him entertaining although he's a bit of a food nazi and has a few outlandish claims, especially around the likes of milk and cheese!
    Anyone else found him any use?

J

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Not a fan of juicing in general. I'm all for eating your fruit and vegetables as whole foods. That way, you get all the fibre as well as the juice, and you get a lot more food for your calories.

If it gets extra veg into you that you might not otherwise eat, fair enough, but I suspect you just end up drinking a lot of fruit juice. How is he on juicing kale (wonderful with olive oil and garlic) or brussel sprouts (cook with some Lidl lardons for a meal in themselves)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

i must say i have met him and been to one of his gigs and he is really really good.

I would juice every day and its a great way to get a higher amount of nutrition into your diet i.e. vitmains and minerals.

His books are very well put together also and a simple read.

A client of mine went on one of his week long juice/exercise events and loved it.

I would certainly recommend him over bloody weight watchers, lipotrim or the likes.

Is juicing going to save the world - NO!!
    Is it an easier way to get high quality nutiriton in when you don't like veg or do not eat enough f & v - yes.

Finally, eat some oats for more fibre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can always juice and then use the leftovers in sauces, stews, cakes etc, so none really goes to waste. Although I did read some other poster saying overblending might harm the fibres "goodness".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Transform wrote: »
    i must say i have met him and been to one of his gigs and he is really really good.

I would juice every day and its a great way to get a higher amount of nutrition into your diet i.e. vitmains and minerals.

His books are very well put together also and a simple read.

A client of mine went on one of his week long juice/exercise events and loved it.

I would certainly recommend him over bloody weight watchers, lipotrim or the likes.

Is juicing going to save the world - NO!!
    Is it an easier way to get high quality nutiriton in when you don't like veg or do not eat enough f & v - yes.

Finally, eat some oats for more fibre.

Yeh his books are really well put together. I like his take on things.
    What did his seminar consist of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Seminar was a basic on his life, why people should juice etc he is a total live wire and i think he is speeking in dublin soon or has been.

Its worth going once just for the buzz but if you juice regualrly then give it a miss.
    I'm off to make a carrot, apple, celery and ginger juice now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I read one of his books as it came with a juicer I got as a present, one of the chapters was about a 7-day 'Juice Detox Diet' which I did I and frankly I felt pretty damn good afterwards, probably the healthiest I've been.

As regards juicing, it takes so much effort (mostly cleaning the damn things afterwards) that it's hard to bother most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

I have one of his books, liked the idea but ifound it hard to stick too. He's very grinny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Jon asked what his seminars are like, well he could have the chance to find out because Jason Vale is at the Clarion in Liffey Valley on Saturday 7th Feb. Tickets on his website www.juicemaster.com.

I've read a couple of his books and think he makes a lot of sense so I'm going to see what the fuss is all about.

Advertisement