Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voyager 210 as a wireless adaptor

Options
  • 05-12-2008 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I have an Eircom broadband setup, netopia wireless router. I was wondering if anybody knows if I can use A voyager 210, I just happened to have one lying around, as a wireless adaptor for my Xbox 360? Is it called bridging? not sure. Any help would be great as My 2yr old loves pulling cables. Maybe I'll get him into network installation haha

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

A few reasons why you can't. The Voyager 210 is a cable modem / router, no wireless parts are installed on it.

Secondly, I believe the only way you can get a wireless receiver for the Xbox 360 is by buying the Microsoft one which is a hefty €70-80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

Whoops. Thanks for that. I suppose if I opened the box I would have noticed a distinct lack of wireless connections. microsoft ripoff merchants with their e85 wireless adaptor, okay rant over. Thanks again for that.

Advertisement