Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student card - exams

Options
  • 05-12-2008 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey, can anyone tell me if I need to bring my student card to get into exams?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Yea, you need either a valid student card or a passpost.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Yep, you need to bring your student card with you into every exam. If you don't have your student card with you, then it's advisable to have some other official form if ID. If you don't have any proof of ID with you, or if you don't have your student card, you'll be asked to fill out a form saying that you didn't have your card, and you'll be specifically asked for it in your next exam. It's to prevent a student getting somebody else to sit their exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nikkio237

Ok, so it has to be a form of photo ID rather than specifially the college card itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Not really... Officially, it's meant to be your student card, but if you don't have your student card with you, make sure you have another official form of ID.

If you've lost your student card go over to admin and get a new one. If it's been 'stolen' go to the guards when they are on campus, get a report from them saying your card has been stolen, and you can get a new one for free. (Used to be the case, not sure if it's still the same)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nikkio237

Ah, ok. I see. Thanks for the help, guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's been a while since I've done exams. Do we not have to print off our exam details the way we used to? Will the card suffice now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Both exam sessions I've had so far, I just turned up with my card and the required instruments. You have your seat number posted on the board outside. During the exam, invigilators come round and check the right person is in the right seat.

Also - if you forget your card on the table at the RDS, like I did last year, they keep them at the RDS, at least while the exams are on. You should be able to pick it up on your next visit, the exam office there, though it's still a good idea to carry other ID anyway.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

It's been a while since I've done exams. Do we not have to print off our exam details the way we used to? Will the card suffice now?
    Student card.
    Read board - get seat number from it.
    Sit at seat with card on table.

Advertisement