Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baileys

Options
  • 05-12-2008 12:38pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I found a bottle of Baileys the other day (after buying another litre of course) and the best before date is last Dec. It's unopened, will it be safe enough to drink, or should I bin it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Safe yes, but it may be undrinkable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

May have curdled.

Open it and see.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Thanks guys, will check it later and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

What's this "later" business you are on about?

It's after 12pm, it's a Friday, the bottle is 12 months old, what are you waiting for?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

There's a festive feeling whenever a bottle of Baileys is opened.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

bigkev49 wrote: »
    What's this "later" business you are on about?

It's after 12pm, it's a Friday, the bottle is 12 months old, what are you waiting for?!

I know, I'm working at the moment though. However, I am working from home, and not intending to drive anywhere so maybe just one.... :D

Passenger - I agree, I don't really drink Baileys much otherwise, but it's great at Christmas. Definite festive drink.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My family would always open a bottle of Baileys and have some before dragging us to Christmas day mass. Before we grew up and became heathens of course.
    It's weird having Baileys if it's not Christmas. Like chocolate kimberleys- a very festive thing.

Well, did you open it?

Caderyn wrote: »
    My family would always open a bottle of Baileys and have some before dragging us to Christmas day mass. Before we grew up and became heathens of course.
    It's weird having Baileys if it's not Christmas. Like chocolate kimberleys- a very festive thing.

Well, did you open it?

Yeah, it's grand, perfectly drinkable, no different texture. Might as well be a new bottle. So that's 2 bottles to get through. :pac: It was in the back of a press though, it wouldn't have seen daylight even.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Advertisement