Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heating Problems

• 05-12-2008 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

My heating is not working. The Sunvic Select 107xl is not responding to any of the buttons and the display screen is blank. There is power going to the box however. No response from boiler either. Any advice :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I reckon your programmer could be kaput. You could try and switch the power to it off for a while and see if it resets itself. There should be a fuse close by in a small panel the same size as light switch. Prise out the fuse holder. If that makes no difference, you can get a new Sunvic from C&F Quadrant. I bought a Sunvic 307XL from them a few months back. It cost around €120 and I'd say your single channel is somewhat less expensive.

It is possible to by pass the Sunvic but how you do it depends on your system set up - thermostats, valves, etc.

BTW, how old was the Sunvic before it gave this bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kenjenta

Hi Murser, I am having the exact same problem, and have the same Sunvic timer as you. Did you get it working in the end, or did you have to buy a new timer?

(I have already tried the suggestion that was made to you in this thread, but no luck.)

Would appreciate knowing how you got your heating working again, as we are both having the same problem!

Hope to hear from you soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭murser

kenjenta wrote: »
    Hi Murser, I am having the exact same problem, and have the same Sunvic timer as you. Did you get it working in the end, or did you have to buy a new timer?

(I have already tried the suggestion that was made to you in this thread, but no luck.)

Would appreciate knowing how you got your heating working again, as we are both having the same problem!

Hope to hear from you soon...
    I had to get the timer replaced. It cost me approx €170. All working fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mark6766

My sunvic 107XL went crazy today. The boiler was on, the display went blank and the red LEDs either side of the display were on. It wouldn't respond to any buttons. (Its just over 2 yrs old) I tried the reset button on the front but it was ignoring that.

This is what I did and it seems to have worked:

1 Disconnect the power first! (*** The panel behind is live!! ***)
    2 remove the sunvic from the wall (loosen two screws underneath and then pivot the unit upwards)
    3 at the back of the sunvic unit, there is a little slide out tray that holds a back up battery. you need to remove this to force the unit to reset.
    4 leave it for 10 minutes or so
    5 replace the battery, reinstall unit on the wall
    6 reconnect the power

If its worked it will now be flashing 2PU or 3PU in the display. Hit any button to clear this and re-program the current time and day and on-off times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sheridb

I had the same problem and fixed it by prying out the fuse panel just above the console then the console just reset itself and turned on. Must have been some kind of dodgy connection I dunno if thats just something specific to my heating unit or not do. Worth a try do.

• Advertisement

sheridb wrote: »
    I had the same problem and fixed it by prying out the fuse panel just above the console then the console just reset itself and turned on. Must have been some kind of dodgy connection I dunno if thats just something specific to my heating unit or not do. Worth a try do.
    Please check the date of a post before replying, that post is over four years old.
    Hopefully, they've fixed it by now.

Advertisement