Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL digital stuttering

• 05-12-2008 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else suffering? All channels appear to be effected.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

YES painful stuff,
    Also think it went totally late last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

stuttering for me too.
    i keep getting this high pitched screech aswell. just for a sec and not very loud, but annoying all the same.

you've created two of the same threads BTW mike.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

I am assuming you are all on legit boxes..... not these dodgy boxes....
    Wasn't NTL on the radio recently saying that they are going to be doing a lot of changes to their system to try to eliminate the dodgybox, maybe it has something to do with tests they are running..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Soz about double thread, boards is behaving badly as well at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

robtri wrote: »
    I am assuming you are all on legit boxes..... not these dodgy boxes....
    Wasn't NTL on the radio recently saying that they are going to be doing a lot of changes to their system to try to eliminate the dodgybox, maybe it has something to do with tests they are running..

OF COURSE LEGAL BOXES

But as for them on the radio , Good PR stunt IMO, have been informed form a few different sources that it would just cost them way to much to fix .

• Advertisement

I've e-mailed them for what its worth.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Deleted the duplicate thread mike.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

mike65 wrote: »
    I've e-mailed them for what its worth.

I hope your not in too much of a hurry for a response;)

Fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

From what I heard they were sending pulses down the line to try and remove any dodgey boxes from their system ...

F*cking PITA when you have a real one and your being punished for other peoples actions ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    From what I heard they were sending pulses down the line to try and remove any dodgey boxes from their system ...

Didnt work cos my one is still going strong;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »

F*cking PITA when you have a real one and your being punished for other peoples actions ...

sending pulses :D:D

thats absoulute rubbish. trust me. anyone with any knowledge of how a cable television network operates will know it cant be done without replacing every single ntl box

even if they do, the new type of box will probably be hacked in a week

so all is good :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lots of people have NTL judging by threads here and in other forums.. but why? I had it a a good few years back and was never happy with the channels or overall quality. Iv used it the odd time since in different houses and it doesn't seem to have improved by much. Switched to Sky and the service is a lot better. Don't hear many people complaining about the quality of their Sky TV either. Though the thing with Sky is that all the good deals are for new customers and not much is given to existing members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

Sully wrote: »
    Lots of people have NTL judging by threads here and in other forums.. but why? I had it a a good few years back and was never happy with the channels or overall quality. Iv used it the odd time since in different houses and it doesn't seem to have improved by much. Switched to Sky and the service is a lot better. Don't hear many people complaining about the quality of their Sky TV either. Though the thing with Sky is that all the good deals are for new customers and not much is given to existing members.

the whole package is what im with ntl for.

broadband, tv and digital.

in the uk sky is much better but in ireland its overpriced in my opinion

ive never had bother with ntl. especially with the broadband. on 20 meg now and never had a problem. no downtime the last 3 years

plus the dodgybox helps the lack of channel situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Sully wrote: »

If your just after some basic good quality TV channels and good quality BB then UPC is the way to go, at least here in Waterford anyway. I'm on UPC analogue, and 20 Mb BB and it suits me perfectly. UPC Digital TV is a completely different matter though. If I was going to go for a proper digital TV package you'd really have to go with SKY as the product is just SOOOOOOOO much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

if it wasn't for the broadband I'd definately get sky.The channels on ntlare over priced and rubbish and the service is a joke in my opinion.The folks have sky the last few years and never had a problem.About 6 months ago got the tvo type box, the thing is noisy like a tractor and the the inability to rip the recorded programmes off it is a pain in the arse.Hopefully a some other crowd will come up with a decent broadband package and ntl can shove it.I heard a while back that sky were planning on doing broadband in Ireland.Any one hear anything that could confirm it?

Advertisement