Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Exchange - How to set up

• 05-12-2008 3:15pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've asked IT to see if I can get Microsoft Exchange setup in my phone. Knowing them they probably get back to me this time next year.

Is it possible to set up exchange with settings from Outlook or what do you need to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

the new nokia e71 with nokia email service is able to connect to MS Exchange Email and push it to your mobile phone as it arrives. It's a really amazing piece of kit and has a full qwerty keyboard. It is a Symbian phone so loads of third party apps are available. Also, the phone is capable of opening and editting Microsoft Office Documents and is capable of viewing PDF's.

(I am a Symbian S60 Ambassador)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

the new nokia e71 with nokia email service is able to connect to MS Exchange Email and push it to your mobile phone as it arrives. It's a really amazing piece of kit and has a full qwerty keyboard. It is a Symbian phone so loads of third party apps are available. Also, the phone is capable of opening and editting Microsoft Office Documents and is capable of viewing PDF's.

(I am a Symbian S60 Ambassador)

Thats the phone I'm looking at. Work says it may or maynot support it as it wont be a work phone (if it was a work phone they would support it they think!)

So I'm just wondering can I get the settings from my outlook profile on my computer or do i need more settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

kearnsr wrote: »
    I've asked IT to see if I can get Microsoft Exchange setup in my phone. Knowing them they probably get back to me this time next year.

Is it possible to set up exchange with settings from Outlook or what do you need to do?

What handset are you using?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Thats the phone I'm looking at. Work says it may or maynot support it as it wont be a work phone (if it was a work phone they would support it they think!)

So I'm just wondering can I get the settings from my outlook profile on my computer or do i need more settings?
    This should be what you are looking for provided that the IT crowd allow external access of emails :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Wait a second, why would you want your work emails forwarded to your phone. Work's bad enough when you're at your desk, why make it worse by not being able to get away from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Another option might be fo use pop in gmail to download your work mail to GMAIL. There is a very good mobile client for GMail.

If you reply however it will come from a gmail account.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

dingding wrote: »
    Another option might be fo use pop in gmail to download your work mail to GMAIL. There is a very good mobile client for GMail.

If you reply however it will come from a gmail account.
    Why use pop when you can use imap?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've the E65.

I have access to exchange 2003 web mail and use that on my phone but its a pain. I'm out of the office alot so its handy to have. I use email alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I've the E65.

I have access to exchange 2003 web mail and use that on my phone but its a pain. I'm out of the office alot so its handy to have. I use email alot

Using Mail for Exchange, as per a previous post, would be your best bet. All you'd need is the following information to set it up:

- Network logon
    - Network password
    - Server name
    - Domain name

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

It should take about 15 minutes for your IT department to set up push mail on exchange. Within exchange you simply put in the push mail settings for your ISP... I have these in work if they don't have them I can post them here.... after that the firewall needs to know where to send incoming requests but if you have this set up already for webmail I don't think there is anything else you need to add in there. It works really well. Windows mobile devices are great but generally not great phones, Nokia N95 type phones are great phones but have the odd problem with syncing as they use 3rd party software to connect. Current i-phones now have mail for exchange built in and are really easy to set up..

you will need mail for exchange on your Nokia ..

http://www.businesssoftware.nokia.com/mail_for_exchange_downloads.php

• Advertisement

mtbireland wrote: »
    you will need mail for exchange on your Nokia ..

http://www.businesssoftware.nokia.com/mail_for_exchange_downloads.php
    *cough*

Advertisement