Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter is cancelled

• 05-12-2008 3:27pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've decided that this winter skiing/ boarding season should be cancelled... for everyone. ;)

It seems that I've gone and got a stress fracture in my leg from doing the Dublin marathon last month so am not likely to be able to fit in any skiing this season. Well I might be fit for something near the end so long as the rest of you don't go and use up all the good snow before I can get to it. Delighted that I had managed to get in some summer skiing instead this year in New Zealand as I think I'd be going even more crazy with the lack of snow otherwise. The next season had better be as good for snow as it looks like this one is going to be.

I'm now likely to ban people if I think they have had too much fun on the mountains whilst I'm still stuck in soggy Ireland. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Ouch!

Stress fractures typically take 6 weeks to heal up, which means you should be fine from the end of January. Take lots of cal/mag supplements along with plenty of fish oil to speed the healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

sorry to hear about that (as he looks up from packing snowboard bag) -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Polarbear2020

Robinph that sucks!!!:(:(

Hope you get out for late season at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

Hard luck robinph, must be incredibly frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Clarice

ouch...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Sorry to hear that!!

Fingers crossed you could get in a trip March/April though :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just got the official results of the x-ray back and it showed about 3cm of new bone build up around the point on my fibular aparently. They had a few other complicated sounding words for it but think the jist of it is that there was a stress fracture there as they can see that it's now well in the process of fixing itself but that it will take a good while before that build up goes away. Guess the current pain could be down to something rubbing against the slightly odd shaped bone at the moment but I may be able to put a pair of ski boots back on relatively soon once the point on the side of my leg stops hurting to the touch again.

Any mogul runs and jumps will be out for a while though, so at least I now have a good exuse to not try them for a while. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

From experience, these things tend to hurt a lot, and you think you'll never be rid of it, then one day, it suddenly just comes right and you can ski the following week.

Advertisement