Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dodgy indicator , and the test!

Options
  • 05-12-2008 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

I have my driving test next Wednesday, and I'm going to be sitting it in my girlfriends car, the NCT is out on mine and I just don't have the money to get the work done for it to pass at the moment.

But the thing is it's a 01 Corsa that she has, and the indicators tend to have a mind of their own, you could go over a speed bump and one will go, then the next speed bump it will be back, the bulbs screw in and no matter how tight you put them they tend to come loose very easy.

Would I be done for this now if it goes, even if I show the tester that tightening the bulb will fix it? Because there's nothing wrong with the car, it's just a weak design, it only passed the NCT a few weeks back.

If it comes to I'll be tightening them and fecking super glue the little feckers or something!

It's an experience too, I've been driving my 00 1.5 Almera for 3 years, then hopping in her 1 litre the other day, completely different drive. Nice though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Insta-fail imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Are the indicators going off inside the car aswell? The ticking etc? Its an electrics fault by the sound of it, id try get it sorted before the test, or use an instructors car, but if there is no other option, try id anyway, just keep your hand from the stalk so its clear your not doing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I had that fault in my Corsa. You live in Kilkenny right? Across from Kieran's Cemetry, in the Hebron Industrial estate almost, there's an Auto-Electric place. I can't remember the name but it's beside the trailer place, just after the new traffic lights. They fixed mine within 24 hours. A switch needs to be replaced is all. You can go to Young's either but they might be more expensive.

Edit: the garage is located before the traffic lights if coming from the ring road. It's just before Lyng Motors or whoever is just on the corner there!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

This post has been deleted.
    The OP is asking about the consequences of his indicators malfunctioning during the test (presuming that they were working satisfactorily during the inspection).

• Advertisement
Advertisement