Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus seat booking

Options
  • 05-12-2008 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Quick question.

I have just booked a flight with Aer Lingus (Dublin to Lyon), but didn't pay for the seat booking at the time.

Its been quite a while since I travelled with Aer Lingus, so my question is, when I arrive at the airport will I have to pay for a seat then?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

NTC wrote: »
    Hi all, Quick question.

I have just booked a flight with Aer Lingus (Dublin to Lyon), but didn't pay for the seat booking at the time.

Its been quite a while since I travelled with Aer Lingus, so my question is, when I arrive at the airport will I have to pay for a seat then?

Thanks
    As far as I remember they allow you to pay to reserve a seat, if not you're assigned one for free from what is left at the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Yea, thats what I was thinking, but just wanted to confirm. I have paid to check-in one bag in the airport so will have to go the desk anyway, don't see any point in paying extra to sit in a particular seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I reserved a seat when it was free to do so, turned up at cdg paris and was told that the reserve system didn't work with their airport stuff and gave me the usual random seat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Hi all, Quick question.

Thanks

Nope. You won't have to. I dunno if anyone uses this do they? You'd want to really really want a window seat or one by the emergency exit to fork over even more cash for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

, don't see any point in paying extra to sit in a particular seat.

Lotsa reasons to sit in an exit seat..
    or close to the front if yer in a rush..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Nah, you just won't have a seat allocated. You'll have to squish on and fight for one with the rest of the hordes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

exit row seat is best on any flight imho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Yea, thats what I was thinking, but just wanted to confirm. I have paid to check-in one bag in the airport so will have to go the desk anyway, don't see any point in paying extra to sit in a particular seat.

I suppose if you a were a family and wanted to make sure you got a seat together it might be worth doing. But I agree, it is a bit of a waste, if you are there early you should be pretty much guaranteed a seat together anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Cabaal wrote: »
    exit row seat is best on any flight imho :)

+1

i always book a last row aisle seat. if they use the rear exit for boarding and leaving it's quick to get the seat and no queuing, its close to the loo and you are the first to get served with food and drinks :)

worth the few bobs IMHO

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

shellyboo wrote: »
    Nah, you just won't have a seat allocated. You'll have to squish on and fight for one with the rest of the hordes.

Incorrect - the OP will be assigned a seat at checkin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

+1

i always book a last row aisle seat. if they use the rear exit for boarding and leaving it's quick to get the seat and no queuing, its close to the loo and you are the first to get served with food and drinks :)

worth the few bobs IMHO

Of course the last row is one of the rows with the least leg space.

Not all airlines serve food/drink from the back first.

Who in their right mind would want to sit by the loo on a flight :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

me, honey! if you have a small bladder you are grateful for every saved step towards the loo. and no - there is no smell coming from there as the cabin crews are still heating up the meals on the back and you have the "kitchen" smell. and yes, there are a lot of airlines serving food from the back. and yes, there are perfectly sane people who have no problem with leg space either in row 1, 10, 25, 26 or wherever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

parsi wrote: »
    Incorrect - the OP will be assigned a seat at checkin.

At which stage you can change it if it doesn't suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Kat1170

You can choose which seat you want (if it is still empty) at the check-in machine in the airport. AFAIK this applies to Aer Lingus only

Advertisement