Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trying to get through to the Motor Tax office.....

Options
  • 05-12-2008 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

My tax disk hasn't turned up after paying online so I'm on the phone to the Motor Tax office. I'm on hold for the last 57 mins :mad:. Is this normal? Should I just give up?

...and this shower are getting a pay increase in August. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

They just cut me off after 61 mins....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

When did you do your online transaction?

From experience it usually takes no more than 3 working days.

Hang up and try again..actually it is friday... depending on the council, the phoneline could be closed since 2/3pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Paid online on the 19th. I think the reason It didn't arrive it that we changed owner around the same time (in the same house).

However i think its a disgrace the type of service (or lack of) from this crowd. No accountability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Dazzy wrote: »
    Paid online on the 19th. I think the reason It didn't arrive it that we changed owner around the same time (in the same house).

That's your problem right there I'm afraid.

I had a similar situation earlier this year.. I dropped them an email because I gave up trying over the phone and surprisingly I got a reply later that day. She told me to print off her email reply and keep it in the car until the issues with the backlog of paperwork were resolved and the disk issued.

Advertisement