Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jack Swagger the next big WWE star?

• 05-12-2008 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭

I dunno if anybody keeps up with ECW, but for those who do you may be aware of this guy. He’s only being around for a while but he looks really good, he is sharp in the ring, gets decent heel heat for a rookie and can cut a promo. I know people who seen him before he came to ECW raved quite a bit about him and are expecting big things from him. He may due to the lack of star talent in ECW soon enter a feud with matt for the ECW title which can do only do him good. Anyways for those who know nothing of him, this video is from ECW where he ended the undefeated streak of the brutal Rocky Ortis. His finisher looks powerful as well.

Opinions on this bloke?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Who???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Who???

^Not a fan^:(
    I dunno maybe I am mad but I see a lot of star potential in this guy more so than the likes of Cody Rhodes and the other young midcard heels on the so called 2 big shows.

Hah you sound like a Matt Hardy mark who still think he's gonna get a big strap put on him as opposed to the jobberweight belt he's wearing now. :)

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Hah you sound like a Matt Hardy mark who still think he's gonna get a big strap put on him as opposed to the jobberweight belt he's wearing now. :)

No Matt talk this is the thread of the Swagger! :(
    On Matt though if you must, he is a in a good place, rarely jobbed out and is the main man on his show, where in the last few months he has got to put on good matches with the likes of Bourne, Finlay, MVP and even Mark Henry! I could mention that he is easily the most over person on the show as well ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Swagger is decent in the ring and has done a good job of getting himself over but he looks a little generic. Like Lance Cade with puppy fat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I just thought to myself "ECW ? ECW? but sure ECW's been finished for years. what the hell, is this a windup?"

*watches video....*
    oh , I see

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Swagger is decent in the ring and has done a good job of getting himself over but he looks a little generic. Like Lance Cade with puppy fat

To be fair Cade would have being huge if he had some bloody Mic skills and chairsma. Jack however has these attributes.I dunno it will be interesting to see him and Evan develop over the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

He has such a slappable, gormless face. Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Future failed WWE project. They really have no characters if they keep releasing stars like Kenny Dykstra who were slated to be the future stars.

Future failed WWE project. They really have no characters if they keep releasing stars like Kenny Dykstra who were slated to be the future stars.

Really, why are you so gloomy about his future? :eek:

• Advertisement

He certainly has a future because he got very lucky with the timing. No Kurt Angle and no Benoit and a buried MVP means the WWE is lacking a good mat wrestler and he has amateur credentials. Bryan Alverez rates him for what it's worth

Kenny Dykstra failed himself by having zero personality! Everyone knows by now (or should do) that you need to have somewhat of a personality for the camera if you want to get somewhere in WWE. Mat wrestling alone doesn't cut it, which is the significant difference between Eddie Guerrero's and Chris Benoit's title reigns in 2004. Both were horribly mismanaged and lasted around the same length of time. But whos reign do you remember more, and why?

Eddie had personality, Benoit didn't. Which is why they were building up Eddie to another title run before his untimely death while Benoit was pretty much a midcard scrub for the remainder of his career.

ECW
    So despite the negativity of some here young Jack is the new ECW champion. Anyways the purpose of this bump is to see how others feel about this here. Personally while I do think it may be a little too soon, it’s good to see him get an opportunity to prove his worth so early in his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

ECW
    I like him a lot. As champion at present now he has a few months to prove himself further in the charisma and acting stakes to see if he will get drafted up to (probably) Smackdown.

On a side note i'm liking DJ Gabriel in ECW at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

He's one of their truely hot prospects for a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Well someone needs to take Evan Bournes spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

We Had
    Brock Lesnar
    Black Lesnar
    And now jack swagger so lets see how this one goes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

jeffk wrote: »
    We Had
    Brock Lesnar
    Black Lesnar
    And now jack swagger so lets see how this one goes!!

Whats the pattern?

(Using the *new BIG WWE star* name?)

i dont see Jack going that big over with the crowd.
    ECW still has no credibility as a title still...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Whats the pattern?

The semi ufc rip of amateur jacked wrestler,and im sure all three have done that bouncing up and down I look mean thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

But the other would have been very over had 1 decided not to leave and the other go out with Kristal. Brock Lesnar would have arguably been one of the most over men in the business at the moment and Lashley would have been up there if he worked on his mike skills so maybe Swagger will be big.

I don't watch ECW in all honesty but I have seen little bits of him and he dosn't look to bad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've seen three of his matches, and I've been impressed each time. He's one of those rare big guys who actually has a lot of wrestling ability.

/my 2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

He's pretty solid in the ring and he has a great look that made take note of him the very first time I saw him, but I'm yet to be sold on his mic skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Whats the pattern?

pattern is big, former college/amateur stars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

He has been impressive so far

I'd like to see him feud with Kennedy or CM Punk

Orestes Jack
    became champion LAST WEEK not this week
    so I dont see their is need for any spoiler tags. The charter says
    Anything that happens on ECW, Smackdown, Impact or a TNA PPV has to be marked as a spoiler until the show airs in Ireland (that's until Thursday night for ECW, Friday night for Smackdown, Saturday night for Impact and Wednesday night for TNA PPVs)
    It aired last week! :D
    Im not trolling (honestly!) I just want to be wary for future reference seeing as Smackdown and ECW are always taped days before they are shown.
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

I like this guy. He seems to have potential. Well able to wrestle and able to generate decent heat.

not sure if I should use spoiler tags here but better safe than sorry eh?
    Who's next in line for Swagger? Now I don't watch ECW much but the only face I can think of off the top of my head who would make a legitimate No. 1 contender is Finlay...or hopefully, after last nights reaction, RVD is coming back and they're going to put the strap on him.

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    I like this guy. He seems to have potential. Well able to wrestle and able to generate decent heat.

not sure if I should use spoiler tags here but better safe than sorry eh?
    Who's next in line for Swagger? Now I don't watch ECW much but the only face I can think of off the top of my head who would make a legitimate No. 1 contender is Finlay...or hopefully, after last nights reaction, RVD is coming back and they're going to put the strap on him.
    Um ECW are very low on faces seeing as Matt is heel now. They only have Finlay and Dreamer at the moment, and beating Dreamer wont do a thing for him. I imagine Finlay will be his next opponent if RVD is not signed full time. They need Bourne back asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Dreamer has announced he is retiring soon..I assume He will be finished around the time of Wrestlemania..Maybe Dreamer vs Swagger Extreme Rules match at Mania for ECW title..If Dreamer loses he has to retire??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Orestes Jack
    became champion LAST WEEK not this week
    so I dont see their is need for any spoiler tags. The charter says

It aired last week! :D
    Im not trolling (honestly!) I just want to be wary for future reference seeing as Smackdown and ECW are always taped days before they are shown.
    Cheers

:o

Oooops........

*makes note to check dates more carefully in future*

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Dreamer has announced he is retiring soon..I assume He will be finished around the time of Wrestlemania..Maybe Dreamer vs Swagger Extreme Rules match at Mania for ECW title..If Dreamer loses he has to retire??

Dreamer's contract runs out the night before One Night Stand so it's almost certain he'll retire there. As for who will feud with Swagger, I'd say they'll feed Finlay to him for a while and then bring in someone new. Maybe Boogeyman as they've been giving him squash matches for a while

Advertisement