Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd V Sunderland (5.30)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Fergie has stuck with the team that won the Manchester Derby and looked fairly impressive doing it too.

Carlos played well on Wednesday, but so did Anderson (who created 2 of Tevezs goals) yet there is no big cry for him to be in the team.

To big a deal being made about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

mayordenis wrote: »
    there was 10 including both of them. We wouldn't be so calous over to get up on our high horses over a cimple comma.
    He missed out on Bardsley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Fergie has stuck with the team that won the Manchester Derby and looked fairly impressive doing it too.

Carlos played well on Wednesday, but so did Anderson (who created 2 of Tevezs goals) yet there is no big cry for him to be in the team.

Yep, also, Tevez played (out of his skin) for 90 minutes on Wednesday. Better off with fresh legs. For all we know, Fergie has said this to Tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

it's not as if utd use Berbatov as a target man either. He drops deep like Tevez so you're not losing much of a presence, that's not what Berbatov is about.

Berbatov brings something different to the strikeforce. He can hold up the ball far better, control is far better and works much better in tight spaces around the box. Rooney and Tevez are players who usually have to be running at players to be at their best, Berba can take a ball from anywhere and make something out of it with his fantastic touch.

Fergie just explained that he went with the team performance last week over the individual performance of Tevez on Saturday.

Man I swear I could do his job :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'm gutted for tevez - himself, park and scholes are the only united players I have any time for. Don't know what he has to do, he's an unbeliebably brilliant player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Fergie sounded very jolly in that interview. Has he got the Christmas spirit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Dead on - Fergie has just stated this on Setanta. He went with the team that played city and couldnt drop any of those players

Dont agree with this - how long before Tevez says enough is enough. In the interview i mentioned above, Fergie stated that "he explained it to the boy and hopes he understands"....i don't know how any player can score 4 goals in one game and then stomach being dropped..

D.S. wrote: »
    Dont agree with this - how long before Tevez says enough is enough. In the interview i mentioned above, Fergie stated that "he explained it to the boy and hopes he understands"....i don't know how any player can score 4 goals in one game and then stomach being dropped..

Part of being a squad player at Manchester United. Tevez will have to make the decision if he is happy with that or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

that pre-game song at Old Trafford is revolting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Should be fcuked out of the PL for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Part of being a squad player at Manchester United. Tevez will have to make the decision if he is happy with that or not.

Would agree with this if we were talking about JOS. But would Rooney, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Terry, Lampard, Torres suffer being continually left out??

Personally, I don't think Fergie can accommodate Tevez in the team. And I think Tevez is too good to be a squad player.

Tom65 wrote: »
    Fergie sounded very jolly in that interview. Has he got the Christmas spirit?
    Probably looking forward to the rout of Sunderland :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭BlueBandit

Back Ferguson 100% is his treatment of Tevez, think he has a fairly good idea of whats best for the club. Tevez is a great player, and Id love to see him do well at united, personally reckon he'll still be here next year, plenty more games to come this season dont think hell be getting bored. Cheers for the link to the game, quality feed.
    Enjoy the game, reckon 3-0 to the reds:D

BlueBandit wrote: »
    Back Ferguson 100% is his treatment of Tevez, think he has a fairly good idea of whats best for the club. Tevez is a great player, and Id love to see him do well at united, personally reckon he'll still be here next year, plenty more games to come this season dont think hell be getting bored. Cheers for the link to the game, quality feed.
    Enjoy the game, reckon 3-0 to the reds:D

can he justify to the board spending 30 million on a squad player?
    Considering the stick Benitez gets for not playing Keane for 90 minutes every game

I may be nit-picking here, but i really dislike Utd's shorts. Look like Basketball ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Great to see the Utd supporters singing for Keano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've never met a United fan that likes it. In my entire life, every time I go to Old Trafford, the universal hatred of that song is bettered only by our hatred for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

PHB wrote: »
    I've never met a United fan that likes it. In my entire life, every time I go to Old Trafford, the universal hatred of that song is bettered only by our hatred for Liverpool.

Sounds like some sort of cretinous choon you would here in a **** hole bar in Magaulf.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »

There was a guy singing it in the crowd. But he looked completely miserable

Quiet enough game so far.

ha, Ronaldo moved the ball back like 5 yards there, hilarious.

what is the ****in song that you're all cryin about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

West Virginia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ronaldo lucky to get awa y with a yellow there. intent big time to kick out at Bardsley

Stupid kick by Ronaldo at Bardsley.

Trilla wrote: »
    Ronaldo lucky to get awa y with a yellow there. intent big time to kick out at Bardsley

Did he get a yellow?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

berbo actually ran, back towards his _own_ box...

made a tackle...

and won the ball...

*falls off chair*

• Advertisement

Sunderland actually look quite organised here.

new week new set of rules...

you'll notice there was no yellow cards for a certain liverpool player for kicking the ball away today

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Deserved more than a yellow for it tbh.

Can't see sunderland holding out for too long.

Sunderland actually look quite organised here.

if any team puts 10 men on their 18yr yard box they'll look "organised"

ntlbell wrote: »
    new week new set of rules...

you'll notice there was no yellow cards for a certain liverpool player for kicking the ball away today

he didn't kick it away, he kicked it towards the player he was going to pass it to anyway, who in turn just let it run past him.

And that's hardly the same as kicking a player.

Poor from Yorke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

he didn't kick it away, he kicked it towards the player he was going to pass it to anyway, who in turn just let it run past him.

Thats a load of rubbish. Of course he did, whistle was well gone

a yellow card offence is a yellow card offence it doesn't matter if it's the same or not if it's a card it's a card end of.

last week it was "throwing the ball away" when it was obviously not

this week it's kicking it to the player when it obviously it wasn't

i see.

a yellow card offence is a yellow card offence it doesn't matter if it's the same or not if it's a card it's a card end of.

last week it was "throwing the ball away" when it was obviously not

this week it's kicking it to the player when it obviously it wasn't

i see.

anyway, kicking a player is a red card offence. Remember Beckham v Argentina? How was that different to Ronaldo's kick there? There was intent to Kick the player even if no contact is made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm sure its been mentioned earlier but how the hell is Salas not starting after his midweek performance?

I just turned it on now and I'm shocked to see Berbatov ahead of him.

• Advertisement

United in total control, but not creating many clear-cut chances.

It doesn't seem to be up that he got a yellow.

anyway, kicking a player is a red card offence. Remember Beckham v Argentina? How was that different to Ronaldo's kick there? There was intent to Kick the player even if no contact is made.

you'll notice if you care to read what I type, that I never disagreed it was a card for ronaldo did i?

I'm saying it's just another week of inconsistency just like the inconsistency's in the liverpool game?

ching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

United in total control, but not creating many clear-cut chances.

Tbh, Sunderland are doing the old 'park the bus' routine. A bit of patience and we should smash through eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm sure its been mentioned earlier but how the hell is Salas not starting after his midweek performance?

Perhaps because he's just finished his career in Chile, while Tevez is on the bench?

:p

you'll notice if you care to read what I type, that I never disagreed it was a card for ronaldo did i?

I'm saying it's just another week of inconsistency just like the inconsistency's in the liverpool game?

ching?

I disagree on the Gerrard thing. It looked to me he had set himself up for the pass and just went through with it even after the whistle had gone. I'll check out the highlights later though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Not that fond of country road myself but its a bit of a storm in a tea cup no? :D

I disagree on the Gerrard thing. It looked to me he had set himself up for the pass and just went through with it even after the whistle had gone. I'll check out the highlights later though.

aye his passing was shockin today anyway :pac:

I don't think I've ever seen 75 percent possession before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Ye'd think the Sunderland supporters would get their own songs, singing YNWA and cisse sunderlands number 9

Advertisement