Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd V Sunderland (5.30)

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Awful game, but what an ending. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Vidic you feckin serbian legend!!!:pac:

You made me proud dude:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

titan18 wrote: »
    what i mean is that even though it was an intentional handball, he wasn't trying to get an advantage with it, its clear that he heard something and stopped playing, why else would he do it?As stupid as he is, he ain't that stupid.

I take it all back, Ronaldo is an idiot, who i hope never plays for us again after that. That was disgraceful and if Ferguson has any balls, he'll kill him. Time to get him out of the club and if we can throw Nani and Berbatov out as well, we'll be in much better shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The irony is that if United decide to cash in on Ronaldo next month, they might not get as much for him as they would have done 6 months ago. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Bateman wrote: »
    The irony is that if United decide to cash in on Ronaldo next month, they might not get as much for him as they would have done 6 months ago. :)

They will still get more than enough to buy two world class players. I also believe that once they figure out how to play without him, they will be a far better team. The fact that a team with so much talent can struggle without him is an indication of how negative an influence Ronaldo is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

oh the irony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Have to love all the fuss about this Rafael kid, when he was playing at full-back against a team who posed no attacking threat whatsoever.

you dont watch much united games:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

They will still get more than enough to buy two world class players. I also believe that once they figure out how to play without him, they will be a far better team. The fact that a team with so much talent can struggle without him is an indication of how negative an influence Ronaldo is.

Jesus I really have heard it all now. :rolleyes:

Been at two this season and seen plenty more on the TV, I honestly don't get the fuss. But your wit has swayed me. Rafael for Ireland. :rolleyes:

Negative influence? If he hadn't been in the team last season, how many trophies would they have won apart from the two that they did win (in no small part due to his goals)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Been at two this season and seen plenty more on the TV, I honestly don't get the fuss. But your wit has swayed me. Rafael for Ireland. :rolleyes:

first he's only 18

yes he still has to learn more about defending
    but last week game against city he controlled Robino

he's attacking display this season has really been brilliant

eg when Raf came on against arsenal he really was a dangerman and even manage to score a great goal

Fair enough, I missed the Arsenal game and slept through most of the City game, and they're big games. Games like tonight are all about him just getting more experience though, Ferguson knew Sunderland would't pose an attacking threat so put him in to get more experience. I would imagine the jury is still out on whether or not he is the future first choice.

Also, on his "attacking display". Bosingwa's attacking has been hugely impressive this season, but that doesn't change the fact that he's been at fault for crucial goals conceded in crucial games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

tits. well played by sunderland to hold on for so long tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

How crucial could that goal be in the title race? Get in there Nemanja. I remember United visiting Fulham two years ago when we were fairly well clear at the top and Ronaldo scored a great goal with two minutes to go to put us nine clear. If we're lifting the trophy next May this could be the game to look back on.

Sunderland did everything they could in fairness and to be honest I'd do the same in their shoes against a team like United.

Rafael is coming on leaps and bounds, he's almost pushing himself into first choice right back at the minute. He's superb in the air already and not afraid to put himself about - his two tough tackles in a row to provide possession for Rooney got the crowd going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Negative influence? If he hadn't been in the team last season, how many trophies would they have won apart from the two that they did win (in no small part due to his goals)?

Aren't you forgetting a certain drama-filled summer which was started by the muppet calling for a move to Madrid?

As a United fan it's clear to me from looking at him since that episode he is proving a negative influence. He lost the head last week, did the same thing a few weeks ago when he made his 'I'm the best' gestures to away fans and was looking out for his own interests today as well.

You can only make apologies for the guy for so long. If he keeps this up he will be on the way out because history shows Fergie doesn't like it when players give him headaches, regardless of their ability or reputation.

Personally, if he went in January I'd shed no tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

83936921.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193003A50471BAAE0D585E33BFF7698C392E30A760B0D811297

2403.gif 2403.gif 2403.gif 2403.gif

What a f***ing legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their f***ing perch. And you can print that" - Sir Alex Ferguson.

It's an odd sig, that. How, exactly has this come to pass? I am as anti-Liverpool as any right minded person, but I still cannot see WTF you mean by having this sig. Seriously, five times champions of Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

83936923.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193003A50471BAAE0D5381B72DC45CF20F1E30A760B0D811297

Is that a tear I see in his eye? No, it's molten liquid Titanium :D

:pac: :pac: :pac:

nipplenuts wrote: »
    "My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their f***ing perch. And you can print that" - Sir Alex Ferguson.

It's an odd sig, that. How, exactly has this come to pass? I am as anti-Liverpool as any right minded person, but I still cannot see WTF you mean by having this sig. Seriously, five times champions of Europe.

Fergie was referring back to when he originally took over at United in 1986 when Liverpool were the dominating force in the Domestic game and United hadn't won a league title in nearly 20 years. ie that his challenge when he took over was to make United the dominating force English football once more which as we all know from the past 16 years he's done so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Fair enough, I missed the Arsenal game and slept through most of the City game, and they're big games. Games like tonight are all about him just getting more experience though, Ferguson knew Sunderland would't pose an attacking threat so put him in to get more experience. I would imagine the jury is still out on whether or not he is the future first choice.

Then that's quite an imagination you've got there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Have to love all the fuss about this Rafael kid, when he was playing at full-back against a team who posed no attacking threat whatsoever.

yup what's robino?

a bar of chocolate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Fergie was referring back to when he originally took over at United in 1986 when Liverpool were the dominating force in the Domestic game and United hadn't won a league title in nearly 20 years. ie that his challenge when he took over was to make United the dominating force English football once more which as we all know from the past 16 years he's done so.

Ah, right so, we only count titles in the last 16 years. Oddly, there was a time when Sunderland were the team to beat :confused:

Look, when Sir AF can show his sides have 19 titles your sig will mean something. As a Leeds fan, I'll gladly choke :D

I'm assuming you didn't see the Arsenal game then :rolleyes:

ntlbell wrote: »
    yup what's robino?

a bar of chocolate?

Lols - you're a rayshist!

keane2097 wrote: »

eh how?

eh how?

Eh you're not really, I was just making a funny... sorry...

keane2097 wrote: »
    Eh you're not really, I was just making a funny... sorry...

ye wrecked me milky bar joke :(

ye wrecked me milky bar joke :(

Hang on, we can try it again - nobody will notice!
    yup what's robino?

a bar of chocolate?

• Advertisement

nope it's ruined :(

nope it's ruined :(

Damn...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ah, right so, we only count titles in the last 16 years. Oddly, there was a time when Sunderland were the team to beat :confused:

Look, when Sir AF can show his sides have 19 titles your sig will mean something. As a Leeds fan, I'll gladly choke :D

Leeds? Never heard of em... Is 19 some kind of magic number? How many managers have won 10? Would you like some more lemons?

Michael Carrick was a class act again today, his passing off either foot is outstanding. I can only remember one misplaced football today. How he isn't being considered for england is bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

what a stupid comment... he has a DIRECT QUOTE from Fergie in his sig, why does this bother you?

It was said years ago, and I can't see how anyone can disagree with it. Liverpool were the dominant force in English domestic football in the 80's when Fergie took over, and he said he wanted to 'knock Liverpool off their f***ing perch' or something to that effect. United have clearly been the dominant force in English domestic football in the 90's and this decade.

How can you argue this... again, why does this bother you?

gl with this 'leeds' crowd :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

It's hard not to love the guy. A true red.
    vidiccelebratedn1.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

vidiccelebratedn1.gif

It's a great celebration I'll give him that.

• Advertisement

yup. vidic is better then sliced bread. forget ferdinand, the reason why hes good. hes good because he wears a man utd jersey, its that simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

As a Liverpool fan, I can confirm that Fergie achieved his goal. It is obvious that he has an intense hatred for everything Liverpool. He obviously has a professional respect for the club but he is United through and through.

I obviously dislike the man but also can't help but respect his achievements and can't wait for the the day that he retires.

I am not surprised in the slighest that United fans lap that sort of stuff up either.

I am not surprised in the slighest that United fans lap that sort of stuff up either.

same, its extremely easy to hate. just like its extremely easy to follow wat is apparantly right. perhaps why this forum is devoted to liverpool vs. utd.
    its a need, a want - the development of ppl wanting to be better then wats around them. most put up the illusion that there is some sort of actual connection or reason, really its a built in instinct of not wanting to fail, to be wrong. roll dice all u want and tell me im wrong, prove the paranoia

vidiccelebratedn1.gif

Yep,thats a movement learned in Serbia, called "enter the club and smash them all away"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

3 points

taught Ronaldo's display was awful tonight and just kicking the ball out while Raf was running down the line was a disgrace

he should be fined and a good talking to

Raf is getting better and better
    he still needs some help with the defending but he was brilliant today
    another thing i learned about Raf,he really has a good spring on him for the headers, very impressed

Ronneys tackle for the yellow card was so stupid,why tackle when your 1 up in extra time
    im not so disappointed about him missing the spurs games

its time for tevez to step up and dislodge Ronney

What are you on about?

A. Rooney's display yesterday was fantastic. Him getting booked at the end was a testament to his team playing nature. He fouled him to stop any chance at all of a counter attack.

Why tackle when your 1 nil up in extra time? To keep it that way!

B. Ronaldo had a bad injury, possibly a broken rib, we're not sure yet. He saw Anderson about to come on. He needed to let the bench know he couldn't continue before the sub was made. Its just common sense that he puts the ball out of play so that we can get the fit people on and make sure we don't mess up a sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

what did Ronaldo do that was so awful? (didn't see the game / highlights)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

PHB wrote: »
    What are you on about?

A. Rooney's display yesterday was fantastic. Him getting booked at the end was a testament to his team playing nature. He fouled him to stop any chance at all of a counter attack.

B. Ronaldo had a bad injury, possibly a broken rib, we're not sure yet. He saw Anderson about to come on. He needed to let the bench know he couldn't continue before the sub was made. Its just common sense that he puts the ball out of play so that we can get the fit people on and make sure we don't mess up a sub.

Tbh, Ronaldo didn't look right to me all match. Much more laboured than usual. I've also seen him limping a few times during games aswell recently. I'm starting to wonder whether he has been able to fully recover from the injury he sustained in the summer tbh or whether hes picked up a niggling injury recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I do love some of redcafe's gif's.

vidicbeatbusgj9.gif

Jazzy wrote: »
    same, its extremely easy to hate. just like its extremely easy to follow wat is apparantly right. perhaps why this forum is devoted to liverpool vs. utd.
    its a need, a want - the development of ppl wanting to be better then wats around them. most put up the illusion that there is some sort of actual connection or reason, really its a built in instinct of not wanting to fail, to be wrong. roll dice all u want and tell me im wrong, prove the paranoia

What!?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

PHB wrote: »

100% agree. That was a very clever foul. Demonstrated that he has a good football brain and is tuned in at all times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Tbh, Ronaldo didn't look right to me all match. Much more laboured than usual. I've also seen him limping a few times during games aswell recently. I'm starting to wonder whether he has been able to fully recover from the injury he sustained in the summer tbh or whether hes picked up a niggling injury recently.

Honestly, and I'm really not trying to cause any controversy with this, I think his heart's already in Madrid.

He was injured yesterday but he didn't look happy throughout the game. Given the enormous talent he has, he'll still bang in a load of goals and change his fair share of games but I don't think he'll hit the heights of last year in a Man Utd shirt again.

It's disgusting from Madrid but unsettling players is what they do. Ronaldo has achieved everything possible at Utd - bar winning the same trophies for a second time. He want's to move on at some point and Madrid, unscrupulous lot that they are, have basically put that in the forefront of
    his mind. Obviously, United don't need the cash and don't want to be bullied but I think that looking back in a few years, forcing Madrid's hand last year and demanding an insanely large fee would have been the correct thing to do.

And to all those who say that English players are way overvalued. When you speak about Anton Ferdinand and Bentley, you're probably right but when you look at the amount that Utd spent on Rooney, Carrick and Rio, the price tag reflects the fact that these players will never leave the club while they're still good enough for the first team.

Advertisement