Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South America

Options
  • 05-12-2008 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey,

planning a 5/6 week trip to S.America in new year. Mid Jan to March approx.:rolleyes:

Can anyone provide a good highlights reel for S.America? Must do/see etc. Not looking to back pack or trek much and prob will stay a week at least somewhere by a beach!

Any pointers welcome including how to go about sorting accomodation and booking flights over and back and when over there!

Look forward to hearing from you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Moved from abroad as it is about travelling, not living abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved to IY&S!!!!

Third time lucky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Moved to IY&S!!!!

Third time lucky...

Damn it. I almost put it in there as well. It wa early here and my brain was not functioning at full capacity.

Thread ping pong ftw! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Buenas Aires is a very cool city also visit Cusco in peru can see the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu without any trecking, as for the beach we hit the copacabana not the safest place ive ever been (esp at night) but lovely beaches, Ipanema seemed more touristy but very windy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Skipplant

Thanks a mill. Am new to boards and didn't realise how many other people have asked the same question already! Got a load of stuff by ripping off others questions but really need to get my ass in gear and decide on definitive dates and destinations! havent got a route or flights, accomodation - anything! no jabs either. what a mess! Thanks a mill 4 your help, any additional comments and advice welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

my advice would be to pick 2 or 3 countries and travel through those. don't try and do everything or you'll just be running all the time and never manage to see what a place is really like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

Hi OP, I'm doing something similar, have 4 weeks hols end Feb to end March next year and am thinking of doing South America. So what stage are you at...have you decided on countries/destinations yet or booked any flights or accommodation?

Advertisement