Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fresh undies please

Options
  • 05-12-2008 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Actually I think the woman in the mazda 121 who almost had a maxima come through her driver's door might need them more than me.
    What I still can't understand about the incident is, why the f**k would somebody veer into the right hand land just on the exit for a roundabout?
    For those of you who know the M1/M50 interchange at the airport, there are 2 clearly marked lanes, one for M1 one for M50. I drew alongside the other car and she drove right across my path. Cue horn, brake, skid on the marbles and quick correction to stay on the road.
    I like to consider myself a safe, defensive driver but who could/would anticipate such stupidity.

Rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

women drivers eh!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

Co-incidentally a woman. The people in the car behind her were pretty gobsmacked too. I was actually ready for an impact as I was running out of road/options. I just couldn't believe it. There's definitely a case for instant bans/re-tests.
    I'm not without blame and nobody is perfect but that just took the biscuit, and she stayed in the M50/left-hand lane afterwards with a stupid OMG look on her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

women drivers eh!?

No survivors:P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

"Stupid OMG look" EPIC m8 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

TBH I was still in shock when I wrote the first post. My "V-Power" buddy who runs an old LS400 had his '00 330d written off by a 107 yesterday and that was still fresh in my mind. It's one of the bad things about running an old, "low paper value" bus, fully comp. means eff all :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement