Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Wii Controller and Nunchucks

• 05-12-2008 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

I was looking for a WII controller and nunchuck and found them to be the cheapest on www.play.com. They are €25.49 each and free delivery. Not bad!!! Think they are about €40 in the shops.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

I'm in the same boat but sorry to disappoint you but Play.com will not ship them to Ireland as they'll come under gadgets :mad: I can't even get them to ship a calendar for some bizarre reason, as they've no problem with my order of books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

They're 25 quid in smyths too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Deal extreme do them for $21 which works out around €16.50 and free shipping. Only problem is it can take upto 3 weeks sometimes as they are shipped from Hong Kong. Also its not an offical wii one but still good price.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14387

They're 25 quid in smyths too!

Are they really only €25 in Smyths? It says on their website thet they're€39.99. If that's true then that's a bargain as €45 each in most other places that I've checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

If any of these are 3rd party manufacturers I'd steer clear. For a small saving, they usually fail or have some missing functions.

Try blahdvd or thehut. I think they both ship this stuff to Ireland and have good prices.
    Nunchuk £11.91 and remote £24.87 + P&P on blahdvd.

Also consider wiiplay. For a couple of quid more, you get the remote with the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭chasm

i bought wiiplay from cdwow for E34.99, i only wanted the remote but the game will keep the kids amused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

play are really weird like that. I tried ordering a tiny 2gb M2 memory stick and they wouldnt ship it as its a gadget wheras a while back i got the massive guitar hero 3 + guitar pack and they had no problems with that

I bought the Wii Play just for the remote last year but it stopped working after a few months, replaced the batteries but still no life. So if it's only €25 in Smyths I'd definitely buy it. Unless someone has any ideas as to what's wrong with my non working remote and how to bring it back to life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Milly82 wrote: »
    I was looking for a WII controller and nunchuck and found them to be the cheapest on www.play.com. They are €25.49 each and free delivery. Not bad!!! Think they are about €40 in the shops.

If someone payed e40 for one of theses in the shops id kick them in the head. Where did you see them for e40? They are third party and I'd bet not half as good quality or reliable as the official ones.

Yet another thread that's filling this board up with crap. Do people not understand what a bargain is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

milly, you should put up a wanted ad on adverts, see if anyone bites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Milly82

Hey Appleblossom,

I actually received the Wii that I ordered from Play.com so don't know why you were told different, thats very strange!!!:eek: It did take a while to get here though.

Milly82 wrote: »
    Hey Appleblossom,

I actually received the Wii that I ordered from Play.com so don't know why you were told different, thats very strange!!!:eek: It did take a while to get here though.

Strange indeed. Tried again and it still says there is a problem with your delivery address, gadgets and electronics can only be delivered to a UK address. Anyhow it's €42 so not a bargain. As far as I can tell the Wii remote is €40 in Smyths, €45 in Gamestop and €50 in Xtravision. Was in Xtravision yesterday and the girl was adamant that it could not be got cheaper than €49.99 anywhere else.:D It's the dearest shop to buy the remote.

Strange indeed. Tried again and it still says there is a problen with your delivery address, gadgets and electronics can only be delivered to a UK address. Anyhow it's €42 so not a bargain. As far as I can tell the Wii remote is €40 in Smyths, €45 in Gamestop and €50 in Xtravision. Was in Xtravision yesterday and the girl was adamant that it could not be got cheaper than €49.99 anywhere else.:D It's the dearest shop to buy the remote.

Thats with Wii Play. Its 44.99 for the remote in Xtravision and its 19.99 for a nunchuck.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

available from today in Aldi is a Wii compatible nunchuck @ €12.99, linky

slave1 wrote: »

Nunchaku!! :D:D:D

jenno86 wrote: »
    If someone payed e40 for one of theses in the shops id kick them in the head. Where did you see them for e40? They are third party and I'd bet not half as good quality or reliable as the official ones.

Yet another thread that's filling this board up with crap. Do people not understand what a bargain is?

Smyths are not third party and are selling the wii remote for €39.99. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

slave1 wrote: »

the ps3 comtroller looks okay for €12.99, even if it is wired

Play.com allowed me to go ahead and order the wii remote today. Strange that! Wonder why the sudden change of heart? Still won't allow me to order the poster I want though, I'm so confused. They had no problem with my books and calendar so why not the poster?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Milly82

That's very strange Appleblossom. I have never had any problem ordering from them. Glad you got it sorted though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Any (good) offers on the Wii not that the xmas rush is over ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement