Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recycle Used Christmas Cards

• 05-12-2008 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi, does anyone know of a charity who collect used christmas cards for recycling? It seems such as waste to just throw them in the green bin. I know in England they used to have charities that would collect them. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I'm unaware.

But if we're really serious about the world, we should stop making such frivolous things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 prettypink

Hi Chocolatesauce

Yes I agree, but considering that is probably not going to happen I would like to find an alternative to help the environment.

I work in a company where there are over 250 employees and I was hoping to find something that I could post on the notice boards to try to get them to recycle their cards for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

I remake old Christmas cards into new ones. It's a bit of fun :-)

I also disagree about the "frivolous" thing.
    Yes paper is being used, yes a lot of cards are them silly things companies send you to make you feel "special", but what about the real nice cards you get from your friends?
    They make us happier. I don't think they are useless.

ebmma wrote: »
    I remake old Christmas cards into new ones. It's a bit of fun :-)

I also disagree about the "frivolous" thing.
    Yes paper is being used, yes a lot of cards are them silly things companies send you to make you feel "special", but what about the real nice cards you get from your friends?
    They make us happier. I don't think they are useless.

Why do you need a bit of paper from your friends to feel loved? I'm honestly unsure...if anything it has the potential to polarise who you consider a friend.

Today in the times was a big ad listing a bunch of businesses who donated money to charity instead of sending cards to their customers. Maybe this should be done by everyone?

But as for the situation regarding currently existing cards, I don't know. Why not just recycle them in the green bin? They've already been scribbled on and no one has a use for a used card.

Why do you need a bit of paper from your friends to feel loved? I'm honestly unsure...if anything it has the potential to polarise who you consider a friend.

it's not about that.
    It's just a nice part of the present.

• Advertisement

ebmma wrote: »
    it's not about that.
    It's just a nice part of the present.

Don't get me started on presents!:pac:

Don't get me started on presents!:pac:

Please don't! :eek:

really, I get where you are coming from.
    I'm just not into all or nothing approach.

There can be nice 'green' presents and cards and wrapping paper. It requires a lot more thought and effort that people a willing to give.

Advertisement