Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor call dropping?

• 05-12-2008 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

i keep getting cut off on phonecalls ><
    ah!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Could be the data from the broadband trial feckin up the phone network.....It happend to 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

How's your phone, and are you using GPRS, EDGE or 3G?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

edge

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

Yeah the GSM network appears to be down, in south dublin at any rate. The 3G network is still working. As far as i can tell if you've got 3g you'll be able to make the odd voice call. took me ages to get through to my girlfriend a little while ago and none of my texts will send (since this is a GSM rather than UMTS - thats 3g, service). I can't recieve texts and none of my webtexts are getting delivered.

More than likely its to do with the 3g broadband trial. If it was the network as a whole there'd be no service. First i thought it was my phone, N95 8GB, but i put my sim into my K800i and got a weird icon i'd never seen before, a phone with a red line through it when i switched to GSM only, then on 3g i could make and recieve calls but only 1 in every 5.

OF COURSE, meteor are on their automated customer service, which only equates to customer annoyance, because no one has real problems with their phones between 12am and 8am.

Hopefully the network will be back up soon.

They claim they have good recovery time (i work in the industry) and unlike one of the competitor networks they don't go down for days at a time. you know who im talking about...

o .... 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

meteor's back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

meteor's back.

when did yours come back? Mine is still down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

meteor's back.

:cool:and it's badder than ever baby :cool:

Advertisement