Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any toyota people out there ?

Options
  • 05-12-2008 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭

I have an unusual question about an Auris.
    I have a 1.4 petrol...great car...no complaints....but....
    When i indicate left,it does not automatically click off unless i make a good turn of the wheel.
    A fella in my local toyota told me thats the way they drive...i cannot believe this to be true...can anyone shed any light on this for me ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

"thats the way they drive" means he couldn't be bothered fixing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Try another car to be sure.
    Sounds like that world renowned toyota build quality again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

i dont know anyone else with an auris,thats the problem...i will dig a bit further though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Go to a garage and test drive one.
    Park a bit away to avoid questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

When you say 'Toyota people' do you mean sixty something year-old men?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

VolvoMan wrote: »

My mother fits neither of those criteria:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

Unless you have a physical disability of your hand/fingers I don't see the issue. All cars have little things that take getting used to. In older cars we call it "character", maybe they left this one little detail to remind people what driving a "real" car is like.
    I once sold one to a woman who spent about 10 minutes trying to start it before asking for help. I always dip the clutch when starting a manual so didn't cop this safety feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

KTRIC wrote: »
    "thats the way they drive" means he couldn't be bothered fixing it.

I have driven a few toyota & noticed this, my daughters yaris is one example, as the man says why do think you have 5 fingers , all it takes is a slight flick from the little 1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 51,248 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

VolvoMan wrote: »

You could be describing Volvo owners too, you know the ones, the 60 year old antique dealers wearing tweed jackes with leather patches on the elbows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

bazz26 wrote: »
    You could be describing Volvo owners too, you know the ones, the 60 year old antique dealers wearing tweed jackes with leather patches on the elbows.

I think that's a very British stereotype...

The profile of Volvo drivers here is different I think. Quite popular with self-employed businessmen I reckon. S/h S60s are great value and a more individual choice than some alternatives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

pburns wrote: »

The profile of Volvo drivers here is different I think. Quite popular with self-employed businessmen I reckon. S/h S60s are great value and a more individual choice than some alternatives.

Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

I've got a Corolla (as a co. car, didn't buy it!) and yes, the indicators are reluctant to self-cancel.

The audible warning is set fairly low too, so for the first couple of months I was often 100's of yards down the road before I noticed the indicator was still on.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,248 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

pburns wrote: »

Exactly. Equally the remark about Toyota drivers being 60 year old men is daft, like any other stereotype.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Is the steering wheel centered when driving straight ahead?

Advertisement