Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D'Arcy...any update??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭crisco10

Darcy is toast. He'll never recover fully I'm told.

Ahhhhh don't say that. Ruin my day why don't you. Alas, you may be correct..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Darcy is toast. He'll never recover fully I'm told.

thats a pity you wouldn't wish that on any player

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Iang87 wrote: »
    thats a pity you wouldn't wish that on any player

I didn't. It would be a sad way to end a very good career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

I think its best off to ignore Iang87 he clearly knows nothing about rugby and his opinions are laughable at the best of times.

So many conflicting reports about D'arcy its hard to know what to believe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I think its best off to ignore Iang87 he clearly knows nothing about rugby and his opinions are laughable at the best of times.

So many conflicting reports about D'arcy its hard to know what to believe!

He's entitled to his opinion as much as any of us, whether you agree with them or not

He's entitled to his opinion as much as any of us, whether you agree with them or not

He is clearly trying to troll

He is clearly trying to troll

I dont agree with alot of what he has said but i dont think he is trolling, some would say that your near obsession with knocking ROG at every apportunity is trolling, people in glasshouses and all that ;)

I dont agree with alot of what he has said but i dont think he is trolling, some would say that your near obsession with knocking ROG at every apportunity is trolling, people in glasshouses and all that ;)

How can you say that claiming D'arcy wouldn't make the Munster seconds not trolling?

I don't knock ROG merely disagree with certain posters around here that believe he is world class and second only to Carter when he is clearly not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭shmaido

Thanks for the info/update guys. I for one would like to see him back in the fold, at the very least given the oportunity to prove himself, I think he deserves that much.

IBTL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭twinytwo

How can you say that claiming D'arcy wouldn't make the Munster seconds not trolling?

I don't knock ROG merely disagree with certain posters around here that believe he is world class and second only to Carter when he is clearly not.

At his best he prob is.. i mean who else is there??... but to say he is not world class is taking it a bit far. As far as a fly goes id take him over alot of the others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭cgarvey

CGarvey what are you on about 2 trys against Connacht one v Ulster, borders, and Glasgow. Try against Gloucester fair enough dont try back up the D'arcy greatness with clips against average sides at their best

It's called adding substance to one's argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

twinytwo wrote: »
    At his best he prob is.. i mean who else is there??... but to say he is not world class is taking it a bit far. As far as a fly goes id take him over alot of the others

On his best day O'Gara gets into the list of Top 5 outhalfs in the world he's had some amazing performances where you go bloody hell he's talented. Then he goes and has a match where you think how did he end up being Irelands top points scorer he's useless.

cgarvey wrote: »
    It's called adding substance to one's argument.

theres substance but dont come back and show me clips of him doing what he is supposed to do against inferior opposition. i said gloucester was fair enough so dont come back and say what about gloucester please

theres substance but dont come back and show me clips of him doing what he is supposed to do against inferior opposition. i said gloucester was fair enough so dont come back and say what about gloucester please

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/odriscoll-and-darcy-worlds-best-says-lagisquet-54081.html

exceptional reply i'm noy gonna trawl the internet lookin for stories 18 months old or more but anyway if thats how you fill your days

• Advertisement

dude you clearly have been proven wrong like i said you knowledge of rugby is quite..... well crap

dude you cant prove an opinion its just an opinion and thats mine and cos you didnt like it you tried back yours up with old ass stories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Iang87 unless you actually start backing up things you say on here in some way, you'll be seeing a holiday from this forum.

Ireland Caps: 37 (October 1999 - )
    Ireland Points: 20 (4 tries)

there is substance. these are D'arcys irish numbers from the Leinster site so apparently the savior of irish rugby scores 1 try in 9 games but hey ye are the experts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

there is substance. these are D'arcys irish numbers from the Leinster site so apparently the savior of irish rugby scores 1 try in 9 games but hey ye are the experts

So he's a unselfish player who has created more tries for other players in the team when he played. Your point being what exactly?

• Advertisement

theres substance

I was implying that maybe you could add some to your own argument?

alright ye can spin it whatever way ye lik but they are his numbers. good luck :p

alright ye can spin it whatever way ye lik but they are his numbers. good luck :p

Surely rugby of all games isnt about number of tries scored. Like take for instance, Dempseys try in Twickenham in 04. It was D'Arcy who made the initial break from his 10 yard line. I know a lot of work happened after that, but his initial break was incredible.

here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f4oy8rwneI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Whenever I see those old tries I feel my eyes welling up when I remember offloading...

RIP...

Whenever I see those old tries I feel my eyes welling up when I remember offloading...

RIP...

And a backline lining up with depth :(

Alan Gaffney doesn't approve of those anymore it'd seem...

Alan Gaffney doesn't approve of those anymore it'd seem...

Indeed not. I saw him quoted (think it was this weeks Sunday Times) that he prefers a flat backline. Fair enough if it works. I'm still on the fence...and these splinters are starting to hurt..:p

Don't let them get infected. :rolleyes::pac:

Ah, glad to know my 7000th post was utterly stupid. :P

lol so all the top rugby players are wingers and the rest are useless?

because after all a player is judged solely on how many tries he scores :rolleyes:

lol so all the top rugby players are wingers and the rest are useless?

because after all a player is judged solely on how many tries he scores :rolleyes:

wow twist my words again excellent, but when i'm being sent links showing D'arcy scoring tries i figure i'll show what he does for the national team.
    Actually rugby fanatic will you look through my posts and show me the exact one where i said that a player is judged solely on tries, if you cant man will you just crawl back into whatever box you came out of thanks man;)

• Advertisement

when asked to add substance to your claims that D'arcy isn't fit to start for the Munster seconds.

You are actually admitting here to basing your entire argument on how many tries he has scored

thats not what i'm basing my argument on thats just the only stat i could get cos unfortunately no1 counts his missed tackles or the times he doesn't break the game line i could only get that and that to me isn't very good. now before you wet yourself thinkin i said he's not good cos he doesn't score trys, thats just me saying its not a great record

thats not what i'm basing my argument on thats just the only stat i could get cos unfortunately no1 counts his missed tackles or the times he doesn't break the game line i could only get that and that to me isn't very good. now before you wet yourself thinkin i said he's not good cos he doesn't score trys, thats just me saying its not a great record

D'arcy doesn't break lines?

what are you talking about he was brilliant at breaking tackles.

honestly, bar the WC have you ever actually watched d'arcy play for Ireland?

*cough*

D'arcy nominated for World Player of the Year award
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/6855_3990.php

D'arcy was voted player of the Six Nations tournament in 2004

D'arcy selected for Lions
    Despite an injury plagued 2004-05 season, D'Arcy was named in the British and Irish Lions squad for their 2005 tour to New Zealand.

Doesn't break lines?
    D'Arcy played in all of Ireland's 2006 Six Nations matches, although not as impressive as in 2004, he beat more defenders than any other player

RBS Six nations Player of the Tournament
    D'Arcy played in all of Ireland's 2007 Six Nations matches, and seemed back to full form as he picked up the RBS Six Nations Player Of The Tournament.

D'arcy doesn't break lines?

what are you talking about he was brilliant at breaking tackles.

honestly, bar the WC have you ever actually watched d'arcy play for Ireland?

man read before we type how about that. i never said he doesn't, i was saying for someone who tries so much he doesn't do it enough

man read before we type how about that. i never said he doesn't, i was saying for someone who tries so much he doesn't do it enough

respond to my post above please.

Beat more players than any other player in 2006 six nations....

another thing man could you stop piping up with 04 and 06 tripe. what use will that be for the 09 six nations. Thats 2009, 09

another thing man could you stop piping up with 04 and 06 tripe. what use will that be for the 09 six nations. Thats 2009, 09

well firstly you said his record is not good. You also said he doesnt break tackles and I am wondering what you are basing this on considering his record?

Now the 2009 season hasn't started so i've posted his record from

for 2008 he was injured so may I ask that YOU stop with the tripe.

alright man alright i'll leave i'll leave you win but what i do say is that he is overrated simple as. so get over yourself

• Advertisement

alright man alright i'll leave i'll leave you win but what i do say is that he is overrated simple as. so get over yourself

yes because a player with that kind of record is overrated.

Good night.

so get over yourself

Post of the morning, anyway. Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ALH-06

This thread makes me angry.

The problem with free speech is that people like Iang get to express their own opinions. They can usually be ignored though, thankfully.

ALH-06 wrote: »

The problem with free speech is that people like Iang get to express their own opinions. They can usually be ignored though, thankfully.

Yup. :rolleyes:

ALH-06 wrote: »

the problem with arrogance is that you sometimes forget that you're not the only one with an opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

and the problem with the pair of you is that you need to debate the posts and not the poster.

last warning for you both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

RF take off the blue shades, rugby is a game that takes in all sorts,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Old boy I advise you comment on posters comments, not on their affiliations. Along with the other two, thats a last warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Can't believe people are saying D'Arcy is not a great player or is overrated. Short memories, out of sight out of mind etc... he's only one of the best centres in the world in the last 10 years. Whoever was saying he doesn't break tackles must never have watched him, he has made countless line breaks for Leinster and Ireland and played an instrumental part in setting up a lot of scores - so what if he didn't score them himself? He's an inside centre, he's never going to score as many tries as a winger...

Oh, and I don't have any blue-tinted glasses, just green ;)

Zzippy wrote: »
    Can't believe people are saying D'Arcy is not a great player or is overrated. Short memories, out of sight out of mind etc... he's only one of the best centres in the world in the last 10 years. Whoever was saying he doesn't break tackles must never have watched him, he has made countless line breaks for Leinster and Ireland and played an instrumental part in setting up a lot of scores - so what if he didn't score them himself? He's an inside centre, he's never going to score as many tries as a winger...

Oh, and I don't have any blue-tinted glasses, just green ;)

Not people just one person :D

Not people just one person :D

i didnt say he doesn't i said he doesn't do it as much as he should for someone who tries so often

• Advertisement
Advertisement