Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Dec 7] IPSA EGM

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

rrpc wrote: »
    Could you back that up with facts bunny? I'm always happy to hear where Irish shooters are doing well abroad.

Yes, but "..............I think we can leave the usual ISSF/IPSC scrap to one side for this thread guys." :(

Now we all know chalk is very tasteless, whereas, cheese can be quite tasteful, especially to those who reckon they are superior to others 'cause they know one from the other. But chalk could be very good for aiding an upset stomach when your feeling sick especially after eating too much cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Hey, if you want to go have a scrap, that's what the Thunderdome was created for. In here though, it'd be like a pissing contest at a funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Double-Alpha

rrpc wrote: »
    Could you back that up with facts bunny? I'm always happy to hear where Irish shooters are doing well abroad.

Let us not turn this thread into a bitching slaging match.

RRPC, what I hope Bunny was trying to say is that the IPSA guys were getting out there in the IPSC international arena and flying the Irish Flag with pride and respect

For the very, very short time that a few of the IPSA guys were travelling abroad shooting in international competitions and acting as Range Officers at some of these matches, they earned the respect of all their fellow competitors and officials

Let us not forget that at each international match they attended and competed in, they improved in their finishing positions culminating in the first ever and probably the last Presidents Medal for winning the Standard Senior division in the UK Open by our very own Paul Smith. Let us not forget the guys that represented Ireland in the European Championships in France in 2007 and this year for the World Championships in Bali, Indonesia, all funded by the individuals themselves, well done all.

The IPSA guys should be extremely proud of themselves for their achievements. It’s a very great pity that this fantastic sport has been stopped before it even got to its prime

I had hoped to apply for and complete the IPSA safety and competition course in early 2009 but alas this is not to be

I enjoyed reading all the IPSA related threads & reports on boards and had some good arguments and matter of facts thrown back at me, great fun, I will miss it all terribly

Double Alpha

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

well, the only pistol shooting where Irish shooters are doing really well is the PPC1500. As we all know, one particular shooter, and his father, always bring back international medals. We have a good up and coming squad of guys who are getting good scores and would seriously kick ass in their clasifications in WA1500 competition in any country. All this with centerfire pistols and revolvers, which Ahearn in his tunnel vision rose tinted spectacles wants to ban. I will be sending an e-mail to him and the taoiseach, for all the good it will do. I also like doing Practical and am very sad to see it's demise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 cooperjeff9

Let us not turn this thread into a bitching slaging match.

RRPC, what I hope Bunny was trying to say is that the IPSA guys were getting out there in the IPSC international arena and flying the Irish Flag with pride and respect

For the very, very short time that a few of the IPSA guys were travelling abroad shooting in international competitions and acting as Range Officers at some of these matches, they earned the respect of all their fellow competitors and officials

Let us not forget that at each international match they attended and competed in, they improved in their finishing positions culminating in the first ever and probably the last Presidents Medal for winning the Standard Senior division in the UK Open by our very own Paul Smith. Let us not forget the guys that represented Ireland in the European Championships in France in 2007 and this year for the World Championships in Bali, Indonesia, all funded by the individuals themselves, well done all.

The IPSA guys should be extremely proud of themselves for their achievements. It’s a very great pity that this fantastic sport has been stopped before it even got to its prime

I had hoped to apply for and complete the IPSA safety and competition course in early 2009 but alas this is not to be

I enjoyed reading all the IPSA related threads & reports on boards and had some good arguments and matter of facts thrown back at me, great fun, I will miss it all terribly

Double Alpha

Pretty sure the IPSA funded the shooters at the Euro Championships and possibly the World Shoot in Bali also. Don't think the membership of IPSA were asked if they agreed to IPSA money being used in this way but the financial support was given anyway. More shooters would probably have gone to France and Bali if they were aware funding was available:(. Supposedly cost over six grand for the France trip, God knows what Bali cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

Pretty sure the IPSA funded the shooters at the Euro Championships and possibly the World Shoot in Bali also. Don't think the membership of IPSA were asked if they agreed to IPSA money being used in this way but the financial support was given anyway. More shooters would probably have gone to France and Bali if they were aware funding was available:(. Supposedly cost over six grand for the France trip, God knows what Bali cost.

That sounds like a question you should have asked at the EGM, you were there. Not happy that the IPSA is gone, we all have to take a pi$$ on it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

Cooperjeff9. I went to France as part of the Irish Standard Division Team. The whole trip cost me about 2500 Euro. IPSA didn't give me a penny & rightly so. Stop trying to stir it up. As Macnas said you could have brought this up at the EGM or even the AGM just gone. Why try to stir it up now on a public forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

I too, was a member of the Standard IPSA team that went to both France & Bali representing the IPSA and Ireland at my own expence. Not a penny was given to me from IPSA.

I think you are trying it on cooperjeff9, whats your problem!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Folks, sundry antis have done a comprehensive hatchet job on the IPSA, let's not lower ourselves to the same level by pissing on the corpse.

Please read the stickys at the top of the forum, particularly the two posted by DeVore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

Rovi wrote: »
    Folks, sundry antis have done a comprehensive hatchet job on the IPSA, let's not lower ourselves to the same level by pissing on the corpse.

Please read the stickys at the top of the forum, particularly the two posted by DeVore.

Thanks Rovi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

For the sake of clarity and with respect to both squads , the lads paid their own way , flights , ammo , car hire , B&B etc . To suggest otherwise is to say the least " interesting " .

John

Thanks for the clarification John.

Let this be an end to this particular line of comment, attempts to continue it will be viewed as sh1t-stirring and will be dealt with as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

macnas wrote: »
    That sounds like a question you should have asked at the EGM

+1

Shame on anyone for making unfounded allegations in a public forum simply to smear the good name of others. The shooting community needs people who'll stand tall and speak their minds, not lurk in the bushes spitting bile. If I was a shooter who'd spent so much time and money to travel to represent our country, I'd have a tear in my eye this morning to think that a fellow sportsperson would stoop so low to kick me when I'm down. :(

edit - Just read Rovi's post, after I'd posted mine. Delete my post mods.

G17 wrote: »
    edit - Just read Rovi's post, after I'd posted mine. Delete my post mods.
    Fair enough, our posts went up almost simultaneously, so I'll leave it stand.

The 'Sh1t-stirring' prohibition is in effect from here on.

Advertisement