Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladder/Cage matches - Climax to a feud or novelty ?

• 05-12-2008 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Let's see how this goes...
    There's been a fair few cage matches in WWE in the last while, what are yis opinions on such speciality matches ? I think the cage used to be used as a full stop to a feud.
    2 men enter 1 man leaves and all that and you were guaranteed a winner (unless Dusty was the booker :pac:). Now it seems though they'll book a cage match just to fill a void or when there's a lack of ideas.

bretvsowen-sslam94.jpg

Do ladder matches fall into the same category as cage matches ? Are they just a cheap gimmick now ? What are yer favourite ladder matches or the most memorable ladder matches ? Or rather are there any underrated ladder matches you'd recommend ?

There's a pretty nifty little table on wikipedia of the main company's ladder matches

423465cf8d7e465165bb8d0a51f98a4d.jpg

I've only seen a few ladder matches outside of WWE , what else is there on offer ? I've seen a few of WCW's ladder matches - Syxx/Guerrero; Goldberg/Hall; Jarrett/Benoit - they didn't really do much for me. ECW had their stairway to hell matches but I can't remember seing one that stood out a great deal from the rest of their matches.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Now it seems though they'll book a cage match just to fill a void or when there's a lack of ideas.

Hell in a Cell is the new cage match where feuds end ('Taker/Edge, Orton/Taker, Triple H/Batista etc..)

They're like any gimmick matches really. If they are used sparingly and rationally, they are great ways to end a feud. If gimmick matches get thrown around in the way TNA uses them, they mean nothing.

My favourite ladder match is Eddie and Rey. It was by no means perfect but I loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Bret and Bad News Allen's ladder match in Calgary was pretty decent. I had a piss poor copy of it that was attached to the RF Bret video (although all those matches are omitted from the DVD release) Also the 3 Count/Jung Dragons match in WCW was pretty good too.

But yeah, the cage match has been milked to death. it should be used to finish a feud, no more no less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Hell in a Cell is the new cage match where feuds end ('Taker/Edge, Orton/Taker, Triple H/Batista etc..)

Punjabi Prison match? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Steel cages are certainly a novelty as they don't have the importance of a HIAC match.

Advertisement