Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

head it and weep...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Of course there are dangers with piercings. It's up to you to ensure that the place you get it done is hygenic.

That said you could also die from eating in a dodgy restaurant or crossing the street. Should you stop living your life from all the "what if's" in the world?

Just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭dietcola

true... im not worried pal. i ve had my holes for nearly 7 years now, so have got a ok at keepin em clean... for the newbies out there... the wannabies and the guys who think its a myth!

true we should all live for the moments! thats all it is... moments, strung together by the people and places in our lives!

peace :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

He said more should be done to stop piercings being carried out in non-sterile environments, such as fashion shops.
    Isn't that exactly what we try to promote here? Going to proper piercing studios where everything is sterile?

Still waiting for your link to the 120,000 deaths every year that you were rabbiting on about... took you two days to find one link to a single death by blood posioning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭dietcola

lol... na pal... i have better things to do tho u know how it is... i had to make up some numbers (that u found the source for) for how many people die from forum postings..... so far ive counted 22 in my office alone!

glad ya all still aware cos ya care!

indeed promote the clenlynesss... its next to godlyness!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

dietcola wrote: »
    i had to make up some numbers (that u found the source for) for how many people die from forum postings..... so far ive counted 22 in my office alone!

22 people in your office died from forum postings? My advice? Avoid that forum...

Also, you didn't have to make anything up. You were saying thousands die from piercings every year, and said that 120,000 die from being pierced. Someone else (not me) found a similar figure for deaths from female genital mutilation/circumcision, which is so far removed from piercing that it is unbelievable how you arrived with that figure in the first place.

The forum is for giving people advice and facts, not scaremongering and making up your own facts and figures.

And yes, the reason that I post here and give people advice is because I care, I want the users of this forum to have the best possible experience, and to be happy with any body modifications that they get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

lol... na pal... i have better things to do tho u know how it is... i had to make up some numbers (that u found the source for) for how many people die from forum postings..... so far ive counted 22 in my office alone!

glad ya all still aware cos ya care!

indeed promote the clenlynesss... its next to godlyness!:cool:

Seriously , you must have a really sad life if all you try and do is come on here and wind people up .. troll ... in before diet cola's ban

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Quick, somebody tell the food & drink forum not to drink water!

Woman dies drinking too much water

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

i had to make up some numbers!:cool:

polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

any wound carried a risk of infection, and those vulnerable to infection need to understand that it is not just adults trying to stop their fun, there can be very real risks

The risk of piercings are the same as the risks to anyone who has a weak immune system, dodgy heart and an open wound which can get infected no matter how its caused.

Boils that appear on new piercings/wounds are caused by the same bacteria that causes MRSA.

http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Staphylococcus_Bacteria

Guess I'm trying to say, you're not more at risk because you have a piercing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

is this person allowed to post without a minder?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

http://www.medicine.ox.ac.uk/bandolier/booth/Risk/choking.html
    Oh no you can choke to death...stop eating

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-10-17-hit-and-run-deaths_x.htm
    You can die by hit and run. Dont leave your house.

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/344/25/1911
    You can die in house fires....dont stay in houses...wait... *looks at stat 2*

see anyone can get stupid stats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

well for all those doubters out there...

Teen dies from a piercing!

and

http://www.danaid.com/coveragecont.html

and

im sure from here you can do your own research!

:confused::cool::eek::cool::p:mad::eek::cool::(:p:D;):rolleyes::eek:

First link, so much detail left out, so much. The only information we have is that he got his lip (labret) pierced and probably died from septicaemia. Nothing else, not one other relevant piece of information. Nothing from the studio that pierced, if even! He could have done it himself. It only mentions an assistant removing cap of needle, wtf is an assistant? assistant is so variable could have been his mate. Doesn't mention if he followed after care, nothing. He had a heart condition, this should have been mentioned in the application sheet when he was getting pierced.

You are just scare-mongering in my opinion and just googling for such deaths. To be honest I'm not even bothered reading the second link.

At the end of the day if you go to a decent studio, look after your piercing well and follow the after care instructions such things won't happen. Issue's like this arise from time to time and it's unfortunate that people die, however, it just reminds me to always go to the best possible studio and follow after care advice.

If you don't go to the best possible studio, follow the after care sheet and look after yourself then you and only you are to blame for what happens.

dietcola you are just trolling, acting in an immature manner and basically acting the muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

"Mr Hindley's girlfriend, Naomi Storey, 21, said that she had had her eyebrow pierced at the same time and that the assistant had removed the cap of the needle with her teeth"

WTF?

was that not a warning sign to them to flee as fast as their little legs could carry them???

Advertisement