Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JaMarcus Russell

• 05-12-2008 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Ok guys what do you think of JaMarcus Russell after another horrible outing last night he isnt looking the greatest of QB's and has me a little worried! Your thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'm Raiders fan and I think he done fine. Stick Peyton in behind Kwame Harris(not to mention and then give him Curry and Lelie to throw the ball too and see how he does.

Hopefully all will do the sensible thing and draft a LT in the 1st this yr, the draft is so deep when it comes to OT we could completly fix our line this off-season. We also need a new C and RT.

Zack Miller is one of he top the TE's this season and thats because he actually knows how to catch a ball/run a decent route. While Russell has made so stupid mistakes it's nothing no other 2nd yr QB hasnt done.

If you swapped Russell for Matt Ryan nothing would change really. Falcons would still be doing well and the Raiders would still be awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

I too am a Raiders fan but I am not very optimistic for his future. Sure our line is terrible and could do with a serious upgrade but compare Russell with Flacco for instance, Russell has been sacked 27 and Flacco 23 times not that much of a difference and Flacco is doing fine.

Ronald Curry is a decent WR but I do agree he could do with a few weapons as Ashley Lelie is not great at all but as you rightly point out he has one of the best TE's in the league but he has still been inconsistant.

Despite the poor line in front of him I can't see many bright spots from him. He has a cannon but what use is that if he has little to no accuracy with the pass?!

I'd like to see Andrew Walter put togther a few starts to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I too am a Raiders fan but I am not very optimistic for his future. Sure our line is terrible and could do with a serious upgrade but compare Russell with Flacco for instance, Russell has been sacked 27 and Flacco 23 times not that much of a difference and Flacco is doing fine.

That really means nothing tbh because it doesn't show how little time he has in the pocket comparatively, doesn't look at hurries and doesn't look at hits after a pass, all of which can affect a QB's play. Don't forget Russell is younger than Matt Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DaXiS

Way too early to tell, plenty of great QB's started off slow.

You just cant tell yet, nothing more to say. He can still be moulded.
    I wish I could say more on him but hes not on tv a whole lot and I dont want to read a lot into last nights performance alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

JMR is not at fault and has potential, the Raiders as an organisation are the problem. Right now they are the team were good players go to die or criminals join the mad house. Raiders fix the problem that is Al Davis then maybe one day they might be a good football team but until that day every good player will go there to look bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

JMR is not at fault and has potential, the Raiders as an organisation are the problem. Right now they are the team were good players go to die or criminals join the mad house. Raiders fix the problem that is Al Davis then maybe one day they might be a good football team but until that day every good player will go there to look bad.

Agree 100%. The Raiders are a complete disgrace. JaMarcus has been given little or no chance. Yes, he held out for ages but it takes 2 to tango. The Raiders need a massive overhaul starting with Al himself, he lost it years ago. I'm a Charger fan and am delighted to see him continue to preside over this shambles.

I watched last nites game too, I am astounded another team gave that turnstile Harris another chance. Incredible, it's like he is brain dead.

As a Raider fan u just have to hope it is not too late for JMR. Mind u what's with wearing the ear rings on the field!!?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

He's the 5th highest paid player in the league for the money hes on hes not living up to the hype. I've heard storys about some players in the Raiders locker room saying that they want the team to make a move for Micheal Vick when he gets out of prison next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

de5p0i1er wrote: »
    He's the 5th highest paid player in the league for the money hes on hes not living up to the hype. I've heard storys about some players in the Raiders locker room saying that they want the team to make a move for Micheal Vick when he gets out of prison next year.

That was Ashley "I can only run in a straight line" Lelie and DeAnglo Fall. God only knows why they want him on the team, he's hardly mr. Accuracy.

JMR is 10 times the QB Vick is. JMR can scramble just as good as Vick but the Difference is he is taller and has a much better pass than Vick. Just shows the mentallity of the Raiders fooking idiots. See this is why they will never get better and good players will die there. Until Davis goes and a new owner comes in and offloads the rubbish the Raiders are doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

JMR is 10 times the QB Vick is. JMR can scramble just as good as Vick but the Difference is he is taller and has a much better pass than Vick. Just shows the mentallity of the Raiders fooking idiots. See this is why they will never get better and good players will die there. Until Davis goes and a new owner comes in and offloads the rubbish the Raiders are doomed.

He may be a better QB but he hasn't done anything yet. He wasted last season and there not getting much done this season, they need a new line and some good wide receivers or he'll go down in history as a draft flop, pity really he did great things at LSU.

• Advertisement

He may be a better QB but he hasn't done anything yet. He wasted last season and there not getting much done this season, they need a new line and some good wide receivers or he'll go down in history as a draft flop, pity really he did great things at LSU.

How can a QB perform to any potential at the Raiders. They have no ability and are a mess. He gets little or no protection and his WR core are not the may west. Put Tom Brady at the Raiders and I gaurantee he will do little also. That team is a shambles and has a small group of good players with potential but the rest are useless or bad apples. And the fact their coaching staff is a mess doesnt help either. Offloading Lane kiffen was a huge mistake. Simple fact JMR will never do anything at the Raiders unless Al Davis is gone becuase they will continue to bring in the rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

JaMarcus is a quality QB, but as pointed out, wont be able to show that at the Raiders. Possible the worst protection in the NFL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Anybody see the NFL Playbook segment comparing Cassell and Russell? They showed some clips of both, under no pressure with all the line of vision they needed. Russell made bad throws. I'm not saying the Raiders picking up Vick wouldn't be the stupidest idea anyone has ever had, because it would, but he's not the guy to build a franchise on, if Al Davis were to take up the job he has waiting for him as the Grim Reaper.

Advertisement