Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Respray, how much?

Options
  • 05-12-2008 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

thinking of getting a bmw e30 but some of the good ones are colors i dont like, so how much could i expect to pay for a respray?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Lol, i think you would be better off waiting and getting the right one, in the right colour.

Must if musts are musts you would be looking upwards of 2k for a full spray done by a pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

ive got quoted 2k for a respray in the original colour for my e46, to change colour would be more tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

thinking of getting a bmw e30 but some of the good ones are colors i dont like, so how much could i expect to pay for a respray?

Are you looking for a non standard colour? Like metallic pink or somesuch? If it's a standard colour that the e30 came in just bide your time and you'll find the right one. If it's a non standard colour than you're easily looking at 3-5k.

I'm looking at 2k to just have an outer panel spray job in the original colour on my car

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Short answer - it's not worth it. It'll cost €3,000 to do it right and you'll have a car that's worth less than it was before. Either wait until you find the right car in the right colour or take the view that you can't see the car when you're in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

i agree last respray i did was 2,800 you could go up a few years for that

• Advertisement
Advertisement