Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Carlow

Options
  • 05-12-2008 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I'm currently with BT3mb, but i'm looking to change. I've been throttled twice so far and its totally my fault, but its only gonna get worse if we ever get upgraded to 7.6mb :o

Recommend me some reliable ISPs available in Carlow town that have no limit on what you can download.....

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

irish broadband, reach broadband and ice broadband come to mind when it involves no caps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I got a 10Meg upgrade in Carlow today. 10Mbit/s goodness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

irish broadband, reach broadband and ice broadband come to mind when it involves no caps

Are they reliable, BT line was 3mb, and download speeds rarely went below 300kb/s
    flamegrill wrote: »
    I got a 10Meg upgrade in Carlow today. 10Mbit/s goodness :D

Which ISP, and what cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

i should be upgraded to the 7.6mb today, lately ive been getting nearly 400k upload on the 3mb utv package, high enough it seems

patrickc wrote: »
    i should be upgraded to the 7.6mb today, lately ive been getting nearly 400k upload on the 3mb utv package, high enough it seems

how did it all go?

anywhere i can look up what is available in my area?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

take a look here www.broadband.gov.ie , search for carlow on the map then click show providers, prolly the most reliable site there is for that.

nuxxx wrote: »
    take a look here www.broadband.gov.ie , search for carlow on the map then click show providers, prolly the most reliable site there is for that.

Thanks mate

Advertisement