Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless problems

Options
  • 05-12-2008 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

How're ye.

I have a Compaq Presario laptop and a Digiweb broadband box with a wireless box added to that. Now my laptop is running wireless, but every 5 mins it keeps losing connection which is fairly annoying. Doesn't seem to have any problems with the computer connected by usb.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

If you have a cordless telephone try connecting for an hour when the base unit (where you dock it) is plugged out to see if this is causing the interference.

You can also try changing the default wireless channel on your modem by connecting to the router configuration page from your browser. The address needed is the ip address of your default gateway. I'd recommend trying first the two channels from the top and bottom of the range, for instance 1 and 13 on a Netopia.

Advertisement