Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G Charging Handle

Options
  • 05-12-2008 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I just got my G&G GR16 R4 Carbine today and can't access the hop-up wheel.
    The charging handle does nothing when I pull it back, should it not open the ejection port and expose the hop-up adjustment wheel?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

nope.,

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

vtec wrote: »
    nope.,

That sucks, my dboys and classic army m4 work properly. How am I supposed to access the hop-up unit on this one?

Theres noting "wrong" with the G&G, it just doesnt work like a Classic Army..,

OK, that's dissappointing. But how do you access the hop-up wheel on the G&G?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Just pull the dust gate back to expose the hop wheel. What's the big disappointment anyway? It usually breaks the gate nub on CA's and it's completely non functionary. At least if it's not being activated by the cocking handle, you can "cock" your rifle to your hearts content without accidentally leaving the delicate hop chamber exposed to damage and dirt. The first thing I did with my M4's was reverse the spring on the dust gate so it stays up, it's a far more sensible way of doing things from an airsoft perspective.

• Advertisement

NakedDex wrote: »
    Just pull the dust gate back to expose the hop wheel. What's the big disappointment anyway? It usually breaks the gate nub on CA's and it's completely non functionary. At least if it's not being activated by the cocking handle, you can "cock" your rifle to your hearts content without accidentally leaving the delicate hop chamber exposed to damage and dirt. The first thing I did with my M4's was reverse the spring on the dust gate so it stays up, it's a far more sensible way of doing things from an airsoft perspective.

I am doing that, I assumed there was a better way. The gun is otherwise great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

My tm m4 did that, was always leaving the cover open. So i swapped it for a magnet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

The feature you're talking about is one I've only ever seen work properly and durably on the ICS model M4's. However, even with those you have to be careful because the nub that locks the plate in place can erode which will leave it unable to snap shut into the closed position exposing the hop-mechanism to the elements (not a good idea with an ICS).

It's a nice feature but not practical.

Now what would be nice to see from G&G is the forward assist operating as a spring release mechanism. Why this particular mech doesnt feature on more pieces I have no idea.

They've already started using it hive,.:)
    its on my new G&G blowback 416,.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

vtec wrote: »
    They've already started using it hive,.:)
    its on my new G&G blowback 416,.

SOLD!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement