Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Wordpress for normal non-blog website?

Options
  • 05-12-2008 9:36pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I really like using wordpress, I love its usability, extendibility and seo etc too.
    Can you use wordpress to make a normal business website, not just a blog?

I have this site which was designed by someone else and I'm not happy with it. I don't think the seo is any good, and the cms behind it is horrible. If possible I'd like to use wordpress to do a new site, sma content and pages etc, slightly different look. However all the themes I see are for blog sites, not normal web pages. Is this done often, can you point me int he right direction please?

If not, what other cms's are as good as wordpress to use etc, and have good seo? I can use Joomla but it can e a pain in the ass and I think its kinda overkill what I'm looking for. Any others better suited to my needs?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

Have a look at some of the video tutorials on this site ( css-tricks.com ) for info on how Wordpress can be adapted for use as a suitable CMS for small business sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 mccafferty

You could always look at a CMS like Expression Engine. It's very flexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I'm a big fan of CMS Made Simple as are a number of others here.

Advertisement