Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 broadband issue

Options
  • 05-12-2008 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

My friend has o2 e270 12 month broadband package which has a data usage allowance of 7.5 GB per month.
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Broadband/Buy+Broadband+now/
    I installed Utorrent on his laptop and he has downloaded a couple of albums, and he capped his upload speed to 5 kb/s and when finished downloading he deletes his torrent. Leecher i hear yous say :D
    However anytime he goes online his data usage allowance rises?? He only has it a week or so and his usage is up to 6.5 GB..
    I assume after deleting from the Utorrent there is no way people can still access his files ?
    I am going up there soon to see if i can access his network from my laptop and make sure none of his neighbours can access it and use his bandwidth.
    Is there anything else i could try and see where his allowance is being used ?
    Or is there something i am missing in the way o2 charges to go online ?
    Cheers.

Advertisement