Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Upgrading advice

Options
  • 05-12-2008 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hey lads, just a question about buying second hand in this time of uncertainty! My girlfriend was looking to upgrade there about a month ago from her '98 Ford Ka to a '04 Peugot 206 caught her eye in a dealership for €8k. She tried haggling him down to 5000, but could only get down to €6k with her car. (Told her he was giving her 1500yoyos for her own, which is quite good!) But she left it and has kind of put the idea it on the long finger.

However the salesman rang her back this week offering her the car for €5k plus her own. Basically the question I'm asking is, should she hold out or should she go for it? Do people reckon will the price go down further in the new year?

Just some details on the cars -
    (Her car)
    Ford Ka, '98. 1.3L Suspiciously low mileage when she bought it! (20,000) Now around 35,000. Working perfectly, but has a nasty enough scrape on the side door. I reckon she was doing well for the salesman to take it off her hands never mind give her €1500 for it!

The Peugot: '04 1.1L, mileage roughly 50k.

Advertisement