Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Shop In Blanchardstown?

Options
  • 05-12-2008 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Just wondering if anyone knows if there's a tattoo shop in Blanch? Someone asked me today and i didn't know. Anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

perhaps these boards aren't really the ideal spot to research for this shop you are supposedly opening....

this could easily have gone in "Tattooists in Ireland"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's a place in Blanchardstown that does tattoo's... wouldn't exactly call it a shop though... It's in an industrial estate in Mulhuddart, beside the cemetary. The guy that owns it is very good though, got one tattoo off him... very reasonable and very clean. Might be going back for another after the new arrival...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Doberman

hot2def wrote: »
    perhaps these boards aren't really the ideal spot to research for this shop you are supposedly opening....

this could easily have gone in "Tattooists in Ireland"

Mind your business apprentice. Haven't you got a floor to be sweeping.

This has nothing to do with my shop. I've no interest in opening a shop in Blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Doberman insulting regulars here won't win you any fans, and because it reflects on your personality, may not do you any favours when you (eventually) open your shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Doberman wrote: »
    Haven't you got a floor to be sweeping

Harsh...

No need for that.

Edit: The sad thing is, i have found this attitude to be quite common amooung pierces/tattoo artists.
    Shame really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Doberman insulting regulars here won't win you any fans, and because it reflects on your personality, may not do you any favours when you (eventually) open your shop.

In fairness its hardly an insult, all he did was ask a simple question and now is getting attacked.

This has nothing to do with my shop. I've no interest in opening a shop in Blanch.

Hey - annoymous jerk, badmouthing people without mentioning who you are. I am long finished my apprenticeship, further I don't think I am too good to keep a shop clean now its over. And just in case logical thought isn't your strong suit - *you* are the one starting these threads on the internet - making it other peoples' business. If you don't like people commenting - keep it to yourself.

Vanbis wrote: »
    In fairness its hardly an insult, all he did was ask a simple question and now is getting attacked.

Age old saying...

Its not what you say, its the way that you say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

CianRyan wrote: »
    Age old saying...

Its not what you say, its the way that you say it.

Fairenough, maybe next time just report the post.

Already have done.

But we can move on from this incident i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Your initial reply to his post was there for a reaction and you got it and everyone did the usual cliquish forum thing and sided with you. I don't know if you realise how aggro the way you post comes across?

I stand by my original statement.

Hello truthinwords, how are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Doberman, regardless of what goes on and your opinions of posters here, I would strongly recommend you treat people with the same respect they show you. Hot2def was not being rude in her original post, referring to people as apprentices and telling them to mind their own business is rude and un-called for, especially on an open forum.

truth - there was nothing agro about Hot2def's post in my opinion, again I am trying to keep this forum from becoming cliquish and doing my hardest to keep it that way. If you have a problem with a post report it, don't go calling the clique card when you yourself clearly have a problem with someones reply and dont report it.

hot2def - again if you have a problem with a post or reply i would urge you to report it and let me and the other mods deal with it instead of retaliating

If anybody has a problem with a post report it, otherwise I have to go on my own opinion (which isn't always the best i will be honest) I don't have time to go through every single post in every single thread

People are welcome to PM me and discuss such matters, start a feedback thread or even a helpdesk thread if it warrants it.

I am not going to go easy on people just because they are regular posters, or irregular. If you cause trouble I will deal with it regardless. Personally speaking I do not want to moderate this forum too hard, most of us are adults and accordingly should act as such.

Take note of what was said and we shouldn't have a problem. :)

This is a difference of opinion, I don't see the need to report anything. Nobodys said anything out of order, or that warrants reporting. You don't want to see this place becoming a reporting free for all.

Also Hot2Def, hello to you too, I'm quite well.

Your initial reply to his post was there for a reaction and you got it and everyone did the usual cliquish forum thing and sided with you. I don't know if you realise how aggro the way you post comes across?

From the above quoted post it seems clear (to me) that you had a problem with hot2def's original reply, implying it was aggro and that her post was out to cause a reaction. If I held the same opinion as yourself I would have reported it.

I would rather a forum full of reported posts than a forum full of people sniping at each other and not reporting anything.

Anyway before this spreads out of control I'm closing it. The original question has been answered. someone is replying

It's not really sniping, it's a discussion. People should be free to express opinions on others posts and contribute to a thread, just because someones not in agreement doesn't mean their opinion's not relevant and constructive.

telling someone to mind their own business? Calling someone an apprentice? telling them shouldn't they have a floor to be sweeping? calling someone an anonymous jerk? implying there is some form of clique?

I whole heartedly agree people should be able to express their opinions, I'm all for it. Alas this is a privately owned website where free speech doesn't exist. There are rules and regulations to be followed, set down, not just by the owners but by those who moderate particular forums i.e me and the other moderators of body modification.

Telling people to mind their own business, calling them jerks etc. is not contributing positively to the forum. I also agree with your statement that because I or others don't agree with particular posts doesn't mean their less relevant or constructive but when they stray from the original topic that's where I as a moderator have to draw the line and unfortunately have to curtail the disagreements and limit the possible damage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement