Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Viewty- Views Please

• 05-12-2008 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting one of these for herself for xmas. What do you all think?Anyone got one. I've heard a few bad reviews on the Samsung Tocco so I looked at this one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭curtin10

I had one for a while. It was a good phone bt texting on it got annoying. You would perss a button, the key would vibrate but it would not register the key press. This was a regular occurance. If she is a big texter a touch screen may not suit. I would reccommend a sony erricson w910i or a nokia 6300. (I know 2 ladies who own these and swear by them).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Hey i bought this phone last jan.

Absolutely loved it, only prob i had was it tended to turn off by itself but i think this had more to do with three mobile firmware on the phone as i have found this problem on numerous of the three network phones. However back to the phone its a beauty, really easy to use, ppl complain bout texting on a touch screen, all it takes is an adjustment period, she will be back up to normal texting speed very quickly. I had it in black but meteor have it in purple and it looks fab and vodafone have it in black and red i think. Hope this helps :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I still have it on 3, it's been a good reliable phone, it's pretty hardy for a touchscreen, I dropped it a good few times and never broke the screen, I found the texting easy on it using the querty keyboard....
    It takes a bit of getting used to it but once you do it's an excellent phone, i'd choose it over the Tocco anyday.....the LG Renior is a pretty cool phone as well....
    the Viewty is €399 on 3, €199 on Meteor and €189 from Voda, I wouldn't hang around to long if your thinking of taking the Meteor or Voda route, can't be many left now...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

Previous poster is correct about the 3 firmware on the viewty, as 3 phones in general tend to have problems with their software and they're really hard to upgrade which causes 3 plenty of problems.

DONT get her a 6300 or a w910i, both have serious faults battery and freezing respectively. The Meteor/Vodafone Viewty should be fine as the phones been out nearly a year and the software (fingers crossed) should be up to scratch.

You run the risk if you buy either of those two phones of getting one with the original firmware that has been sitting in the warehouse for months or over a year.

Other options are the W595i which is brand new out, 199 on the three main networks and 149 on 3. 7310 is on o2 and met and is pretty cheap at 99/129. E51 on o2 is 169 and 199 on met, 199 on vod. cool phone that can look pretty.

shop around

I Completly disagree with the previous poster, There is no problem with the 3 firmware on the viewty it works a threat...
    There's not many problems with the w910i on 3, if you look at what happend in the Uk with they launched the w910i the 3 version was regarded as the best network to have it on if you wanted to avoid problems, I've only had 1 w910i back for repair and i've sold a good few of them....in general there a good phone....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MAWCON

does anyone know of anywhere that has them in stock in Clare/Limk area.. impossible to find (meteor)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭paulski999

Same in Meath :-(

Available again on meteor.ie only in purple got one last night... dispatched today:D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭paulski999

But Purple seriously .... :o

Mr.S wrote: »
    And its more pink then purple!

it's feckin hideous...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

MAWCON wrote: »
    Available again on meteor.ie only in purple got one last night... dispatched today:D
    I ordered it late on wednesday and it arrived this morning :D And no it wasn't for me ;)

well im a girl and i like purple. Its purple (not pink, amateur) Purple's so hot right now lol

Advertisement