Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company Law exam :(

Options
  • 05-12-2008 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hey! First time actually posting here but been reading for ages! Does anyone else here have the misfortune of sitting Company Law on Wednesday week?

:( Think that says it all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Yep, moi :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭limericklady87

So...million dollar question...will she screw us over completely or just moderately?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

I <3 Fidelma White :pac:

So...million dollar question...will she screw us over completely or just moderately?

I think its safe to say...completely. So much to cover, so little time. It's a pity the tutor didn't do the lectures, I actually understood what he was on about :(

Apparantly she got serious complaints last year due to the amount that failed but then again obviously not enough to warrant her dropping a few hints.

Fixed and floating charges better be in part b for everyones sake.

Anyone reading in anything to wk7 lec 1 where she ran through how to answer a sample exam qs featured on tut3. that was then not covered in the tut. could be a longshot but would not be surprised if that qs turned up word for word on the paper... could be her idea of being nice..she did say in the exam discussion (if you could call it that) that qs would feature from tuts (obviously) as well as a qs covered in lecs? what dya reckon? im at my wits end :(

• Advertisement

I'll have a flick through my notes tomorrow.

Agreed about the final lecture, absolutely useless though she did say during the semester she would be giving hints throughout.

I'm so scared I haven't looked at it yet! Probably not the best strategy in the world...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 underflowers

Lads, i did it last year and i can safely say yer all screwed. The woman doesn't understand the basic concept of narrowing stuff down even a little bit!! I remember she spent a whole last lecture going over a topic and then just as she was walking out the door announced it wouldn't be on the paper...she really likes her dramatic exits and leaving everyone hanging!! Mucho people didn't graduate due to this so just cover as much as possible (don't mean to scare ye but seriously do!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

I remember last year she put two questions on the paper that we didn't even cover in lectures.

Do plenty of work for this exam.. Even the repeat exam had a crazy amount of surprises. I dont understand the need for such behaviour really

2 questions (one out of three in each section) in 2 hours. 7 topics to cover. I'm thinking of self-injury to get an I grade...

Apparantly she got serious complaints last year due to the amount that failed but then again obviously not enough to warrant her dropping a few hints.

Fixed and floating charges better be in part b for everyones sake.

Anyone reading in anything to wk7 lec 1 where she ran through how to answer a sample exam qs featured on tut3. that was then not covered in the tut. could be a longshot but would not be surprised if that qs turned up word for word on the paper... could be her idea of being nice..she did say in the exam discussion (if you could call it that) that qs would feature from tuts (obviously) as well as a qs covered in lecs? what dya reckon? im at my wits end :(

Look at public folders, LA 4590 is quite helpful :cool:

• Advertisement

Do you not have tort tomorrow?

cson wrote: »
    Do you not have tort tomorrow?

Nope. We both have EU on Saturday though :pac:

Yer, I fooking know :(

7 topics :eek::eek::eek:...il be lucky to do 4...f**k her the oul wench! whos public folder are la4590 under please? i fighure you would wanna be seriously unlucky for two not to come up...my little brain couldnt handle more than 4! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LK25

Im really scared now after reading this- just doing 4 topics at most- fixed & floating, s.205, disregarding slp, capacity to contract. i hope she'l be marking it easy.....

im only doing four aswell...but have to start learning them all :confused: :eek: fixed and floating, slp and two shots in the dark corporate criminal liability (although i feel this wont show) and enforceability of K. its gonna be a long 24hours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LK25

Ya it is... i have to start learning them yet too. At least the exam isnt till 12.30.

So how did it go for everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Did she screw everyone as per usual??

well i dont know about everyone else but i definately got SCREWED by her... all my questions came up in part B and the Prospectus didnt show...hope i pass. Know of a few people in the same boat though :(:(:( She had an awful cheek to phrase the question on ultra vires contracts the way she did. Some people seemed very upset after it.

FYP after xmas...:confused::P woohoo! just as a matter of interest, does anyone know if the LLB fyp is due friday week 1 aswell, same as law and a/c and law and euro?

• Advertisement

well i dont know about everyone else but i definately got SCREWED by her... all my questions came up in part B and the Prospectus didnt show...hope i pass. Know of a few people in the same boat though :(:(:( She had an awful cheek to phrase the question on ultra vires contracts the way she did. Some people seemed very upset after it.

FYP after xmas...:confused::P woohoo! just as a matter of interest, does anyone know if the LLB fyp is due friday week 1 aswell, same as law and a/c and law and euro?

It does yeah :mad: Why wouldja need to know that?

Advertisement