Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'7 - W - 8' ...reg plate on Irish Morgan ?

Options
  • 05-12-2008 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

Ok...anybody know what is the story with the reg plate on the Morgan on display at Top Gear Live?

Is it a '07 reg? ..made up like this?
    Just a 'show' plate?

If it is a '07 reg...does the owner think it looks "cool" or something made up like that?! It's not "cool" ..it looks sad IMO.

Why not have proper Irish Euro plates on it ...i.e. (07-W-8) ..proud to show it's an Irish-reg Morgan?!

(NB I know its an Aero 8 model btw)
    Another poster said the story is in the HWST thread...i've looked through the last 10 or so pages of that thread and didn't see anything re this reg.

Somebody posted this pic in the TG thread...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I can't believe you went to the trouble of creating a thread to slag a reg plate! Stinks of jealousy if nothing else.

The owner is a member on here, or at least a family member is on here. Also have a gorgeous TVR Sagaris 7 - W - 7... not to mention a fantastic Lambo Diablo 6.0 VT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

It is your opinion, although I do think it's wrong. Take it up with Funxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Silvera wrote: »
    Ok...anybody know what is the story with the reg plate on the Morgan on display at Top Gear Live?

Just a 'show' plate?

If it is a '07 reg...does the owner think it looks "cool" or something made up like that?! It's not "cool" ..it looks sad IMO.

Why not have proper Irish Euro plates on it ...i.e. (07-W-8) ..proud to show it's an Irish-reg Morgan?!

(NB I know its an Aero 8 model btw)
    Another poster said the story is in the HWST thread...i've looked through the last 10 or so pages of that thread and didn't see anything re this reg.

Somebody posted this pic in the TG thread...

Did you lose much sleep over this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

daRobot wrote: »

:D

No really ...... did you ?

I'll have the show plate... please Bob..........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The plate could say ....

"I have a tiny penis, no personality, I'm going bald, and this car is my mid life crisis"

But it'd still be cool, because it's a Morgan.

• Advertisement

Better pic.........

3085933132_d061aae4c2_m.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Silvera wrote: »
    Just a 'show' plate?
    Its a genuine reg (see here) but not a genuine reg plate because there is no 0 in the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

They're just show plates.

octane047mt0.th.jpg

i think they look pretty cool, nothing illegal about them as long as she doesn't forget to change back to the legal plates when they're on the road!

morgantrack1pj4bk7.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

ned78 wrote: »
    The plate could say ....

"I have a tiny penis,

I doubt SHE would think that her plate says that.

I doubt SHE would think that her plate says that.

MMMmm............:rolleyes:
    you just dont know, nowadays ........... :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

This is the most pointless thread I've read on boards in a long while... the level of begrudgery is shocking actually. Get a life!

by the way spartacus93, did you ask the owner if it was ok to post photos of her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

steve06 wrote: »
    This is the most pointless thread I've read on boards in a long while... the level of begrudgery is shocking actually. Get a life!

by the way spartacus93, did you ask the owner if it was ok to post photos of her?

+1

On an unrelated note, I drove by an immaculate styled house today, it was really was a thing of beauty, but way out of my budget and realistically I'll never afford something similar, but can admire an object of design.

The number on there door was in some crazy font though, I think I'll start a thread in the property section.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,991 ✭✭✭✭L1011

07-W-8 is issued to a Morgan Aero, dropping the 0 is illegal, though...

(0)7 W 7 as in those pics above is issued to a TVR but I dunno what that car is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Ordinarily I don't give a toss about plates and don't understand some peoples' obession with them, but I would have to admit that is a classic plate.

Suits the car, in a way. Nice and simple. No bull****. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

who gives a ****? OP you are an extremely sad individual

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ciarsd wrote: »
    I can't believe you went to the trouble of creating a thread to slag a reg plate! Stinks of jealousy if nothing else.
    daRobot wrote: »
    steve06 wrote: »
    tdc wrote: »
    who gives a ****? OP you are an extremely sad individual
    You really are a sad little bunch sometimes, aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

Anan1 wrote: »

Yeah, Silvera singles out one reg plate out of all the cars in the country and decides to make a thread dedicated to it just to say "...does the owner think it looks "cool" or something made up like that?! It's not "cool" ..it looks sad IMO."

were the sad ones alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

MYOB wrote: »
    07-W-8 is issued to a Morgan Aero, dropping the 0 is illegal, though...
    But it's only a show plate, so it's not illegal!
    Anan1 wrote: »
    Yes, so sad that you had to join in too!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement