Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate or vanilla ice-cream?

• 05-12-2008 11:25pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I love chocolate, but when it comes to ice-cream, I'll always choose vanilla. I find chocolate too heavy. So which is it for you?

Chocolate or vanilla ice-cream? 24 votes

Chocolate
    0% 0 votes
    Vanilla
    37% 9 votes
    Other
    62% 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Vanilla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

If in Ireland vanilla! :D
    You really have to go to Italy to get decent ice-cream :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

XxlauraxX wrote: »

Actually, on that note, citrus ice-creams are gorgeous, but you have to get them on the Continent. I had the most amazing orange ice-cream in Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Both together please!

but if you put a gun to my head and made me choose I'd say choclate.

On that note, It's very sunny here and we're going out to this summer market thing. Apparently there's an Italian guy who makes gelato for it. I'll be getting me some of that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

is there any question. it has to be chocolate

• Advertisement

I got a lovely hazelnut ice cream in Italy :pac::pac:

I agree on the citrus ice cream though !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If in Ireland vanilla! :D
    I'm going there tomorrow. I let you know my verdict when I come back on Sunday night. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'd say chocolate if I had to choose but a scoop of both together would be perfect.
    Ben and Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate fudge brownie preferably.
    Maud's does a good chocolate and marshmallow flavour.

Strange how I suddenly want ice-cream..

Hagar wrote: »
    I'm going there tomorrow. I let you know my verdict when I come back on Sunday night. :D

You will love it :pac: It is just so much nicer in so many ways ! Plus there is an ice-cream parlour on nearly every street !

Laura

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Memories of gelato in Italy. Get a tiramisu and vanilla ice-cream, scrum.
    I was there last year and it was very very hot. Great excuse to eat gelati galore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Vanilla please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Hagar wrote: »
    try the pistachio ice cream it tastes million times better than it sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

There is no question.

Chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

chocolate all the way i'm afraid....
    hmmm chocolate.
    Altho chocolate and vanilla, there's something now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Should be more options, vanilla IS icecream to many, just like cheese & onion crisps ARE crisps to some people. e.g. if somebody says do you want ice cream or crisps without mentioning flavours I would presume them to be vanilla or cheese & onion.

I would take strawberry or strawberry ripple over chocolate any day. I know people who do not like chocolate, but never vanilla (or cheese & onion crisps)

Most are put off by inferior chocolate icecreams, I never liked it growing up, but the fancy premium brands out now are nice. I prefer chocolate in the icecream, rather than chocolate flavoured.

I get vanilla and let it go soft in the fridge, then crush up normal chocolate biscuits or bourbon creams and stir them in, a cheap version of the premium ones.
    I was at a catering show in Italy, there was one entire unit the size of the RDS just full of companies doing premium ice creams, all the samples being the best of their stuff too. Made a pig of myself:pac:

Chilli powder in icecream is meant to be nice, never tried it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I don't like vanilla ice cream, so I'd definitely prefer chocolate to vanilla. I'm undecided as to whether chocolate is the best flavour though - caramel, strawberry and toffee ice-creams are delicious too.
    rubadub wrote: »
    Should be more options, vanilla IS icecream to many, just like cheese & onion crisps ARE crisps to some people. e.g. if somebody says do you want ice cream or crisps without mentioning flavours I would presume them to be vanilla or cheese & onion.

I would take strawberry or strawberry ripple over chocolate any day. I know people who do not like chocolate, but never vanilla (or cheese & onion crisps)

You've never met me so! Because I don't like vanilla ice cream OR cheese and onion crisps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Definitely chocolate!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Both are delish. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

Love Chocolate, but prefer Vanilla ice cream. I have this infatuation with vanilla and its smell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭MattKane

Depends really. Chocolate in general, but when you get a good vanilla, you get a really good vanilla. Like at Maud's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭cmcsoft

My favourite is vanilla, but I wouldn't be a huge fan of plain vanilla on it's own!

Advertisement