Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van parking in city centrre

Options
  • 05-12-2008 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi all, Will be in the city centre on Thurs with a van and was wondering where to park.
    Need to park out by Dublin castle somewhere and dont think car parks cater for vans !
    Is there a time limit in loading bays as I will have it parked most of the day?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There's a carpark on Werburgh St which you could try, there's also pay and display on that road. Afaik Little Ship St and Great Ship St both have pay and display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

Pay and display would be your best bet. AFAIK loading bays, you have a max of 30 to 40mins and you have to have a business/company tax I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just remembered there's Pay and Display at the Dame St entrance of Dublin Castle opposite the Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Is there a time limit in loading bays as I will have it parked most of the day?
    The time limit is 30 minutes (unless extended by permission from a Garda). You must also be actively loading or unloading and the vehicle must display a commercial tax disc.

Pay and display will not be suitable if you are parking all day. You may have a bit of difficulty as surface parking is scarce in that part of Dublin 2.

Will you be on official business in Dublin Castle? They have a good bit of surface parking but I'm not sure of the criteria for gaining entry.

Advertisement