Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polish/Eastern European Music

• 05-12-2008 11:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend some Polish/Eastern European that would have a broad appeal? Im a working commercial club/mobile DJ so not looking for anything too off the wall. Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

seannash wrote: »
    try this one

LOL:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Or try this one (be warned you could die laughing ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

have a listen to Serbian Hard Techno DJ Marko Nastic, quite a big name, I think he played I Love Techno 2 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i have got nothing done today because I've spent the morning watching that video laughin my ass off.

• Advertisement

vintage european electro-disco. still sounds as fresh today as it did back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Can anyone recommend some Polish/Eastern European that would have a broad appeal? Im a working commercial club/mobile DJ so not looking for anything too off the wall. Ta.

Check out some of the Energy 2000 Mix's, they're pretty popular in Poland;

And here's a full list of the mixes;

http://www.energy2000.pl/main.html

have a listen to Serbian Hard Techno DJ Marko Nastic, quite a big name, I think he played I Love Techno 2 years ago

Yep. He's played Ireland before I think. Cork or Waterford.

Umek is from Croatia or Serbia, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

OH MY JESUS,THATS THE FUNNIEST THING EVER,eastern european 80s Eletro funk,and hungarian rap,I have actually pissed myself

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    OH MY JESUS,THATS THE FUNNIEST THING EVER,eastern european 80s Eletro funk,and hungarian rap,I have actually pissed myself

i'll never forget the first time i saw the hungarian rapper video. I thought I was gonna puke I was laughing so hard.

funny thing is, that was a big hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

jtsuited wrote: »

It wasn't a hit at all <-- urban legend.I know it's hard to beleive,but us hungarians have a taste for good music too :D
    That "rapper" used to work in the States,so he learned a bit of english.
    When he returned to Hungary he spwnt some of his hard earned cash to produce this video,but there was no single TV channel who would air it (I wonder why...)
    But about 2 years ago the masterpiece was uploaded to Youtube...the rest is history.Even your man forgot about this video already (or at least that's what he said :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

gibbon75 wrote: »
    It wasn't a hit at all <-- urban legend.I know it's hard to beleive,but us hungarians have a taste for good music too :D
    That "rapper" used to work in the States,so he learned a bit of english.
    When he returned to Hungary he spwnt some of his hard earned cash to produce this video,but there was no single TV channel who would air it (I wonder why...)
    But about 2 years ago the masterpiece was uploaded to Youtube...the rest is history.Even your man forgot about this video already (or at least that's what he said :D)
    it was a big(internet) hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

jtsuited wrote: »
    i'll never forget the first time i saw the hungarian rapper video. I thought I was gonna puke I was laughing so hard.

Ahh Speak the Hungarian Rapper, truely that song/video is a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Here's a prove that there are hungarian bands with better english than Speak :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Might be a bit hard for some people's tastes (hell, most of his stuff is too hard for me!)
    Osmo is a Polish NRG producer/DJ. Maybe check out some of his stuff on scythe squadron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

A compilation I heard a while back featured a track by a Polish house act called Wet Fingers. I dunno if they're obscure or anthing but it might tie in with what you're looking for.

Advertisement