Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Lost car key - no spare

Options
  • 05-12-2008 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I've mislaid the only key to my car, a 1995 Peugeot 105. I've no spare. I was tempted to just break one of the windows but dont want to do that. Is it possible to get a new key made and does anyone have any idea how much it would cost? The car has really reached the end of its days so am hoping it wont cost too much.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Call your nearest Peugeot dealer - they should be able to get you the key code which will mean you can get a replacement cut.

Not sure if a 1995 105 has an immobiliser, but if it does then the Peugeot dealer should be able to reprogram it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

If you're lucky, you can order one from the chassis number through your local dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bans

Thanks for the advice - will follow it up, just hope it doesn't cost too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Try the lock hospital in dublin 8. Cheaper than a main dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I should have mentioned this in the last post, but if you're in te west, try Collerans Locksmiths in Galway. 091-581857. Ask for Darragh - he seems to be the guy for the cars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rallysnapper

Go to your local Peugeot dealer with the chassis number, they will be able to get the key code and possibly cut one on site, if not they can have one cut from the importers the following day once you order before 3pm.

Advertisement