Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Nerd AWARDS] - Results!

Options
  • 06-12-2008 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to all who were nominated in their respective categories.

It's no secret to see who has won each category, results are plain to see :) This is just the official 'spiel' so to speak.

Anyway in no particular order here are the winners.

Newbie of the year - Very hotly contested. The polls were neck and neck up until yesterday me thinks. Raze them all is the over all winner with almost 1/4 of the votes.

Quite an interesting lad from what I've learned from him, a cage fighter, a gentleman, sometimes a comedian, heart breaker it seems also. He had bucket loads of piercings and took em out so he could get the stuffing bet out of him in the octagon. Mad man. Well done Ray *applauds*

Being a newbie is never good, however one thing is common. We were all there once :) Newbies keep the forum going, bringing new personalities, ideas and craic to the mix.

Special mentions? Of course! and wow this year was pretty good with the quality of newbies we got :D
    People who spring to mind;
    CianRyan - funny fella, great fun and witty at times. :pac: Christened young padawan by myself, the name stuck and he took it on the chin. Fair play dude :D
    Molberts - For such a short time on the forum she's fit right in, like a glove!
    Shoelaceface - A strange one as I said originally but behind it all there's a heart of gold...i think :p
    Fiii - hard worker, some would say too hard :)
    Shimei & tread softly - brought the world of anime and manga to us. Larpers? I will never forgive ye for that, seriously.
    Hot2def - Witty, helpful and not afraid to speak her mind.

I could go on but people wont read the rest of the posts :)

Irregular poster of the year Winner with 35% of the vote, AmazingEmmet. He used to be really active here but the combination of guitar hero, college work and real life has moved him away from the forum. Always on hand to lend a helping hand, Emmet Specials were infamous.

Female tattoo of the year - Molberts and her koi with almost 40% of the vote. Well done molby! To be honest all the nominations were top class.

Male tattoo of the year - JimmyTrigger and his amazing backpiece with almost 50% of the votes. Truly brilliant!

Piercing of the year - Suzaane's vertical tragus/surface piercing and my stretched labret. Go us!

Post of the year - Me being mean to a certain banned poster. There was so many other priceless posts that made me laugh and im sure others :)

Thread of the year - Show you mine, show me yours :) Suppose it's the one thread that has consistently busy with unique and awesome work. Go us!!!

Poster of the year - DamoElDiablo Go Damo! As was said in the nominations thread, always on hand to help and guide people. A gentleman (even if he is from Donegal :p ) and a scholar.

Special mentions? Yup, most of the regular posters here all deserve some recognition. You guys know who you are, we keep this forum alive and well.

So yes, that's the awards for this year. Congratulations to all who won, and also to those who were nominated. Been an interesting year, plenty of drama for those who've been here long enough. Dealing with studios, problematic posters, the drama llama reared it's ugly head plenty of times. However, it was great fun!

Here's to another year folks!! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

replace him with will and her with me. Ye get the point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Congrats to every one who won, and imma be hopefull for next year. :D hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Congrats to all involved :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Congrats to all and thank you so much to everyone who voted for my fisheh, Im chuffed :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Aww You guys!!! :o
    *nudges you all playfully*

To be honest, should have gone to Will, as he was waaaaay ahead before selflessy withdrawing from it!

A ginger gentleman, knows his stuff, a good and fair mod, and a damn good friend to boot. :)

Also, the forum wouldn't be what it is without everyones participation. There's no such thing as a stupid question, everyone has to start learning somewhere, and thanks to all of you for the inspiring artwork and the laughs! :)

[/speech]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

. There's no such thing as a stupid question, [/speech]

** with the noticable question of does it hurt/ what should I get done**

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

well done all! I'm so proud *wipes tear*

So... what are the prizes?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Congrats guys,

and me would also like to thank you guys for keeping me sane in work and free from boredom at home haha!

altho there is some other people that do deserve a metion also, for the giggles and the there general helpfullness : will ,hellrazer ,sofaspud, kya, suzanne, vangoz ,gauge, and jennizle... and to our two newbies nerd Kersmash :P and chatbox :) sorry if yer names are spelt wrong ha! :P!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

emo!! wrote: »
    Congrats guys,

and me would also like to thank you guys for keeping me sane in work and free from boredom at home haha!

altho there is some other people that do deserve a metion also, for the giggles and the there general helpfullness : will ,hellrazer ,sofaspud, kya, suzanne, vangoz ,gauge, and jennizle... and to our two newbies nerd Kersmash :P and chatbox :) sorry if yer names are spelt wrong ha! :P!

yup congrats to all.

emo think you deserve a big mention hun dont know what I would do without your hilarious posting and pics;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

** with the noticable question of does it hurt/ what should I get done**
    The "does it hurt" one isn't a stupid question, it's simply a newbie question born of the inherent fear of the unknown, and worry about it hurting a lot.

What should I get done is a stupid question alright though.
    jenizzle wrote: »
    So... what are the prizes?!!
    Actually, I wanna know this too... c'mon Will, what are the prizes??? ;):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Wow I won something, I never win things awesome. Also I didn't even know I was up for one missed my chance to vote for myself. I assume there will be a monetary reward for this?

Congrats everyone else

Emo is making trophies out of sweet wrappers as we speak. :)

(expect them to be chistmasy)

@EMO: You better make them. :pac:

CianRyan wrote: »
    Emo is making trophies out of sweet wrappers as we speak. :)

(expect them to be chistmasy)

@EMO: You better make them. :pac:

Cian , i skipped lunch today to make christmas decorations!!! and as we speak im covered in glitter and glue :P ... so yes ill make you a trophy! :P!!

Bahaha, its not even for me, i just want to see it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Congrats all, all very well deserved!

There is still Will's "secret surprise" for the winners.

SurpriseButtsecks.jpg ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Currently making prizes now folks, and no it isn't buttsex sorry Cian

Prizes have been made :pac:

What do epic category winners get? Epic gold medals is what :D

bodymodmedals.jpg

Front text;

"EPIC WIN!!
    Boards.ie
    BodyMod Awards
    2008"

Back text;

Personalised for the individual winner of each category cos you're all a bunch of special fúckers ;)

Prizes with thanks to Molberts of Mollys.ie
    Chanks Molberts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

wooooooooow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Well done everyone!
    Special shout out to Will for organising it all, and for being an all round swell guy :)
    You are a true gent and an absolute star, and I think I speak for everyone here when I say

THANK YOU!!!

2007-01-19_grouphug_395wide.jpg

hehe
    x

• Advertisement

Thanks Fiii, congrats again to all the winners

Gonna give out the gold medals at the boards christmas beers, which will be announced sometime in the following week :D

Will wrote: »
    Gonna give out the gold medals at the boards christmas beers, which will be announced sometime in the following week :D

its the 20th of december in tp smiths!!:P

Ah so it has :pac:

TP Smiths, 20th of december! Be there!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Those medals are tré snazzy!

Bah, I've a gig to go to on the 20th!

I should make it in afterwards though :pac:

Sofaspud wrote: »
    Bah, I've a gig to go to on the 20th!

I should make it in afterwards though :pac:

wear your jesus outfit!:D

emo!! wrote: »
    wear your jesus outfit!:D

Only if you sing happy birthday to me!

And bring gold, frankinsense and myrrh!

i cant make it:( to close to christmas and im working!! but ill follow the star to your manger and give you you're gifts there mkay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

i can't make it either :(
    was actually gonna go too! was gonna make cian bring me :P

Advertisement