Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a phone number blocked from calling you

• 06-12-2008 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how to get unwanted numbers blocked from calling me, sorry if this has been brought up before. I'm on Meteor and dont have the facility to do it on my handset afaik...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Can anyone tell me how to get unwanted numbers blocked from calling me, sorry if this has been brought up before. I'm on Meteor and dont have the facility to do it on my handset afaik...

You cannot, you could give that number a unique ring tone ( a quite one) and ignore it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

afaik you need to get the Gardaí to get your mobile network provider to block the number.

all in all not an easy feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭twentysomething

ugh, i just changed my phone no to stop unwanted calls and i just found out that an acquaintance has given this person my no again, havent received a call yet, but want to avoid it if possible, long story short had an argument with this person and dont want contact and they dont seem to be getting the hint...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

ring your network. They should do it for you, as long as *your* details are registered with them and you can prove who you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

ring your network. They should do it for you, as long as *your* details are registered with them and you can prove who you are.

Unfortunatley not, you will have to go to the gardai. they will contact meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

You cannot, you could give that number a unique ring tone ( a quite one) and ignore it.

+1

Or divert that number straight to your voicemail.

Can you let us know what type and make your mobile phone is?

There may be application for it that allows you to block calls from certain numbers

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭twentysomething

Dammer wrote: »
    +1

Or divert that number straight to your voicemail.

Can you let us know what type and make your mobile phone is?

There may be application for it that allows you to block calls from certain numbers

Good luck

It's a samsung J700, any help would be greatly appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Tallon wrote: »
    Unfortunatley not, you will have to go to the gardai. they will contact meteor.
    Why so? Have they changed the rules or what?

I rang o2 up in 2004 and got them to block my mother's number and they didn't even ask for a reason... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

It's a samsung J700, any help would be greatly appreciated...

There are a couple of applications that do this function, but they only work with symbian phones. MCleaner and BlackBaller being the main two, but they are of no help to you, unless you get a Symbian phone.

I think your first course of action is to call Meteor customer care and ask them about blocking that number. Then ask for their supervisior to confirm if it is possible. If no help there ask them how do you go about getting it done.

Good luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Samsung phones are cool if you go in to settings you can activate it type in the no and it also can reject unknown call ! Good luck I had to do the same with my ex !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 monkey99

ya samsung phones ar SO great like that!! I remember ringing meteor about 2/3 years ago now to block my ex from calling me and they said they couldnt unless i went to the guards.. thought it was really really unfair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I rang o2 up in 2004 and got them to block my mother's number and they didn't even ask for a reason... :o

Yeah, new laws or something, my sister tried to get a number blocked and she was sent all over the place...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

you blocked your own mothers no.!:eek::D

Advertisement