Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MGS on Xbox 360?

Options
  • 06-12-2008 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171663

193.jpg

So what do you think the image could mean? It was posted on Kojima's production site.

If MGS4 does come to the Xbox 360 that would save me alot of money on buying a PS3, although Killzone 2 looks fantastic. Or it might be the first Metal Gear coming to XBLA, or as the article says it might just be a mindf*ck..

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

I heard this as well. There is no guarantees just speculation. Also i think MGS4 use's the rumble pad function for certain parts so i dont know how that would affect the 360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

meh who cares

rubbish game

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the circle should be in red :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I smell fanboys fighting for their own point-of-view in 3... 2... 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Also i think MGS4 use's the rumble pad function for certain parts so i dont know how that would affect the 360
    360 has rumble :confused: and the motion sensor parts are minimal.

Personally I doubt its a port of Solid, a port or new MG Ac!d seems much more likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Personally I doubt its a port of Solid, a port or new MG Ac!d seems much more likely.

Just read gamespot saying something similar.

Metal Gear Acid wasn't anything great, but I guess the Metal Gear name will sell.

If you tilt your head to the right and relax your eyes, you can see a naked woman ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Its more than likely an iPhone game. (the 'i' in the equation). And we know there was lots of Apple stuff featured in MGS4. Also the page itself is called 'mgst' - perhaps Metal Gera Solid Touch?

Or it could be something completely different...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i'd say the big chance it would be on the most popular 'console' on earth - NDS!

well,the latest one is DSi.....

would be great if it is on x360,i will get it for xmas and bang off my ps3 to hell(for some money)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

360 owners aren't missing out on anything, it's a dreadful game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Retr0gamer wrote: »

lads, this is off button to all electrical items ( well moust) not just xblenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

lads, this is off button to all electrical items ( well moust) not just xblenders.

At first when I saw the picture, I immediately thought of the 360. Then I said to myself that ain't that the power button on the PS3 aswell and it is. But its the fact that its green that makes people(myself included) think of the 360 first. Green really is the 360s colour and has become synonymous with the console in videogame related matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Any independent research on the internet will show that the majority of reviewers gave it 90+ rather than thought it was awful.

noodler wrote: »
    Any independent research on the internet will show that the majority of reviewers gave it 90+ rather than thought it was awful.

and a bit more of a look will tell you that the people who did each and every one of those reviews were series fanboys in the first place

As game reviewers I would expect nothing else.

I haven't played it. I will soon-but I loved the others, yes even 2.

I imagine it does lose something major if you haven't played the others.

i played 3 and thought it was dreadful, but i said id give 4 a shot, tho not in a journalist capacity, as a gamer

i thought it was bloody awful too

youd REALLY have to be big into the series to stay awake, never mind play it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Helix wrote: »
    and a bit more of a look will tell you that the people who did each and every one of those reviews were series fanboys in the first place

Oh really?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

They're bringing solid snake to N+ that's cleary the N+ robot after the equals sign.

bryanjf wrote: »
    Oh really?

ive yet to come across someone who wasnt a prior fan of the series who thought mgs 4 was anything more than a self important, ott fanboy w@nkathon to be perfectly honest

But you didn't like 3.

Theres simply no saving you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

I think it might be a DSi game, the camera functions seem like the sort of fun thing Kojima would like to put into a game, remember Boktai?

Although I've always thought it'd be only a matter of time before MGS4 gets released on the 360. Sony totally have their hand up Kojima lately though, they basically used him to give press releases about how great BluRay is and how MGS4 couldn't possibly ever run on the 360, which is completely untrue.

Even though PS3 sales picked up in the last year, it would be quite symbolic for Sony to lose MGS, after losing other "traditional" Playstation series; Final Fantasy, Tekken, Grand Theft Auto, etc.

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    ive yet to come across someone who wasnt a prior fan of the series who thought mgs 4 was anything more than a self important, ott fanboy w@nkathon to be perfectly honest

Well its easy to see why. If you don't like the story(or haven't played any other game in the series) you won't really care for the characters and won't give a crap what happens to them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

noodler wrote: »
    I haven't played it. I will soon-but I loved the others, yes even 2.

I imagine it does lose something major if you haven't played the others.

I'm a big fan of the series and like MGS 2 despite it's flaws and absolutely adored MGS3. Yet even I thought MGS 4 was a horrible game.

For me my two favourite were MGS2 and MGS4. I thought 3 was good but I don't see how people think it is so amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Don't have a console and lost interest in MGS after MGS2. But I do hope it does come to the 360.

Just to see all the PS3 fanboys cry. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Animo wrote: »
    Well its easy to see why. If you don't like the story(or haven't played any other game in the series) you won't really care for the characters and won't give a crap what happens to them.

I liked the whole story and was attached to the characters and I was sorely disappointed with the MGS4 story. A "self important, ott fanboy wankathon" describes it perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I'm with Retro and Ciaran on this. MGS4 was a huge disapointment after 3.

aside from streamlining alot of 3's elements (for better or worse) it added nothing new to the series and its story while full of dramatic cutscenes didnt really grab me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

It was revealed...

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/939/939093p1.html
    The true identity of that mysterious Metal Gear game from last week has been revealed. Xbox 360 version of Metal Gear Solid 4? Not quite.

Konami announced today that the Metal Gear Solid series will be appearing on the iPhone/iPod Touch platform through Metal Gear Solid Touch. Set for Spring 2009 release in North America, Europe and Japan, the new take on Hideo Kojima's stealth series will feature character and world elements from PS3's Metal Gear Solid 4 while giving players direct control over their targeting reticle and zooming through the touch panel.

Players will have access to eight stages initially, with more added in the future through download content. The game will also include unlockable Metal Gear series wallpapers and movies, which players can access by using points that they earn as they clear stages.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i'm so excited about this . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I smell fanboys fighting for their own point-of-view in 3... 2... 1...

MGS4 for the WII! Sign the petition now. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Otacon wrote: »
    Its more than likely an iPhone game. (the 'i' in the equation). And we know there was lots of Apple stuff featured in MGS4. Also the page itself is called 'mgst' - perhaps Metal Gera Solid Touch?

Or it could be something completely different...

:pac:

Advertisement