Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N96 or E71 Which One

• 06-12-2008 2:27am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If I had the money it would be the N96 but looks like the E71. Upgrading from a E65, What do you lot think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

kearnsr wrote: »
    If I had the money it would be the N96 but looks like the E71. Upgrading from a E65, What do you lot think?

I think, wow, what a dilemma!
    N96 is expensive and plasticky, while e71 is cheaper and solid. Take the e71, but an 8gb or 16gb sandisk and some sennheisers with a 2.5 mm earphones and you'll be happy. Alternatively, just get an N95. Buying an N96 at the current price is a bit nuts imho! Very little improvement over 95's, and some great stuff coming in '09.

2 e71 in our house, both great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I went from the N95 to the E71 and am really liking it. I found I didn't take pictures as much as i thought and everything on the e71 feels faster and more polished...internet, messaging, PIM.
    I added a few programs like resco photo viewer and it really helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

mailing this off my e71 only have it a few days but im loving it, a real beauty of a phone. Played around wit the n96 but all that is is a plasticy remodel of the n95 wit the tv extra added in, and i must point out its not even supported in ireland so its kind of a useless feature imo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

What's it like with the qwerty key board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

N96 is a horrid plastic brick tbh with terrible battery life. I got rid of my iphone and got an E71. I'm loving everything about it tbh. It's a very solid phone and very quick. Looks the biz too. The camera is a bit shoddy but then again I didn't buy it to take pictures. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Got the E71. Now to take it home and test it out

The phone is class. Key board took about 5 mins to figure out. Glad I got it

kearnsr wrote: »
    The phone is class. Key board took about 5 mins to figure out. Glad I got it

Pleased to hear that! It's one classy device!
    I still haven't had a freeze or slow-down. And I can't remember when I last switched it off! Battery is stunning, too, considering the web use I make it suffer through.
    I'm also happy about the browser update! It's not iphone fast, maybe; but it beats opera mobile on my Asus P550 - which is very fast indeed!
    Great job, Nokia :)

strecker wrote: »
    Pleased to hear that! It's one classy device!
    I still haven't had a freeze or slow-down. And I can't remember when I last switched it off! Battery is stunning, too, considering the web use I make it suffer through.
    I'm also happy about the browser update! It's not iphone fast, maybe; but it beats opera mobile on my Asus P550 - which is very fast indeed!
    Great job, Nokia :)

what browser do you have?

What are the must have apps for it?

I meant the built in browser, though for fast sessions, and posting etc I use opera mini 4.2 and teashark.
    Must have? Profimail is a great email client, and lcg jukebox is a brilliant musicplayer/internet radio!
    Jbak taskman is a great taskmanager, and it's free! Allows you to 'kill' stubborn apps, switch etc etc.
    Joikuspot lite is free and allows you to turn your e71 into a wifi hotspot, so laptops etc can use your phone's internet connection!
    Skyfire is a new browser in beta, that shows youtube and google video etc like on your desktop. Worth a try, but far from 'finished'...
    Other apps? Depends on your 'needs'/preferences...
    Coreplayer: Free! Plays all kinds of video formats and music! Must have!!!

• Advertisement

strecker wrote: »
    I meant the built in browser, though for fast sessions, and posting etc I use opera mini 4.2 and teashark.
    Must have? Profimail is a great email client, and lcg jukebox is a brilliant musicplayer/internet radio!
    Jbak taskman is a great taskmanager, and it's free! Allows you to 'kill' stubborn apps, switch etc etc.
    Joikuspot lite is free and allows you to turn your e71 into a wifi hotspot, so laptops etc can use your phone's internet connection!
    Skyfire is a new browser in beta, that shows youtube and google video etc like on your desktop. Worth a try, but far from 'finished'...
    Other apps? Depends on your 'needs'/preferences...
    Coreplayer: Free! Plays all kinds of video formats and music! Must have!!!

When I looked at coreplayer it said you had to pay. Where is the free version?

Any good (free!) games for it?

Advertisement